The Student Room Group

How to reapply to uni after taking gap year

I am just wondering if I do not get in uni this year I will probably take a gap year and apply again next year but I just wanted to know how this process will work. For example will I reapply through a centre? Who will write my reference?
Reply 1
Original post by nju
I am just wondering if I do not get in uni this year I will probably take a gap year and apply again next year but I just wanted to know how this process will work. For example will I reapply through a centre? Who will write my reference?

You would need to get in touch with the head of 6th form at your college and ask if they would let you apply through the college. If so you would apply as if you were a student there- a teacher there who teaches you now would do your reference and the school would be responsible fore sending it off. Or you can apply as an independant candidate and just ask someone from the school or college to write your reference- you would email them a link asking them to do so via ucas. Either way as you would not have been out of education for long UCAS and the unis would expect your reference to come from someone at your 6th form.
Im on my gap year as i didnt apply last year and im at collage now but my old school have written my uni reference so you can just ask your school for a reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending