The Student Room Group

Want To Drop Chemistry... But Then Only 3 ASs...

I currently take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
That sounds all good and nice... apart from the fact that I basically have to self teach Physics due to really bad teachers.
I'm thinking about dropping Chemistry since I don't have much time or any at all as is usually the case to learn Physics.
Chemistry... I find it interesting and enjoyable and I'm doing fine at it, especially with the calculations.
But there is just so much work.
My Physics is suffering as a result of this, and I really don't want to do bad in it, seeing as I want to do it in Uni.
There just isn't enough time in the day to do the work.
I want to do Maths and Physics at Uni, nothing Chemistry related.
I was planning on dropping Chemistry into A2, but now I'm not seeing any advantage of taking it apart from the fact that Unis like it.

Question is, will I be at any significant disadvantage taking 3 AS and 3 A2 to someone taking 4 AS and 3 A2?
Reply 1
Check on the UCAS website to see of you need chemistry as or A2 for anything you may want to study in university. Also check if you need more than 3 A-levels. Some unis are becoming stricter and expect you to have 3 A2s and 4 As. So depending on what you want to study and what uni you want to study at, you might not be able to drop chemistry, unless you take up another as in your second year.

Also, in my opinion, if I were to drop something, I would drop further maths as some universities only accept further maths as an AS which means there would be no point taking it upto A2.
Reply 2
I'm doing 5 subjects, similar ones to yours, im doing exactly the same as yours with economics. You should be able to find the time but I'm thinking abotu dropping chemistry too as it is a lot! I really enjoy it though so I'll wait till at least the end of As

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending