The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by effofex
If it is true, then what a silly rule to have. Do people go round inspecting each other's footwear?

It's called a dress code. It's there to stop certain types of people from getting in.
Oh so black trainers are allowed but white ones aren't... I see what's going on!

*Joke*
Reply 82
Depends; if you're in Wigan you can wear flip flops, Bermuda shorts and your ecstasy on a candy necklace. In London, or somewhere more relevant to modernity, I doubt you can get away with it.
Reply 83
Original post by daphodil
Most clubs won't allow trainers as they're simply not smart enough, and they try to set a formal tone to justify charging more for drinks. The club I normally go to is part of the Vodka Revolution chain, and their policy is "dress to impress: no trainers" but a lot of guys will wear vans, chinos and a smart(ish) tshirt and are let in. Likewise clean converse and plimpsoles are always fine.
I never really understood this, as most smart casual outfits look tacky and cheap. Most people look better wearing decent casualwear and decent trainers than when they make an effort to look smart and fail.
Reply 84
Original post by Profesh
Insufficient length, or not enough plaits?

just want to check, was that a Jew joke?
Original post by Profesh
Insufficient length, or not enough plaits?

It was about 5 inches long, plaited goatee. I think I looked a bit too much like a viking for their liking :frown: But after being turned away I went to a heavy metal bar and had an awesome evening.
Look at this...thats why lol

Original post by hippieglitter
Some bouncers might do that, the general thing with bouncers my bf included is management reserve the right to refuse anyone at any time for any reason. This means that a bouncer can not let you in for any reason they fancy.

Ouch..
Reply 88
You don't want to go in those places anyway, no ones out for a good time they're out to look fancy and try and chat up dim girls.
Go to the club down the road with a poor reputation that sells special vat and lets anyone in, I guarantee it's a better night. So much more easy going, everyones just there for a laugh.

I call it the Animal house rule, there were those who look down upon Delta house, but who had more fun?
Reply 89
I've worn white converse before and there is usually quite a few people wearing white trainers/plimsolls when I'm out and I've never had/seen any issues. But to be fair, the clubs in my area are fairly casual. If I was off to Leeds or Manchester though I'd definitely wear smarter shoes as I know some of the bigger clubs over there have dress codes.

I think most places will be fine if you're wearing white trainers permitting you're wearing them with a smarter top/trousers...
Reply 90
Original post by effofex
If it is true, then what a silly rule to have. Do people go round inspecting each other's footwear?

Obviously not, before you walk through a door called the entrance its a quick glance at their feet...
Reply 91
i know half the bouncers in edinburgh and have gone to club wearing some right crap gear, im not at all fashionable. i find bouncers usually just reject people they dont know or have never seen before and 'look dodgy' or are actin like a fool in line.
Why would you go to a club that stopped you from doing something you liked? o.O

Better yet, why would you go to a club with a dress code? :p:
Reply 93
Better yet, why go to a club at all? Loud, dark, no control over the music, over priced drinks, usually full of arseh0les. You just spend the night shoutin like a deaf person and twitching like an epileptic and anyone you pick up there is either a player or a slag.
Original post by DdotT
Depends on the trainers...:
Okay

Shouldn't really be wearing these...

even so they shouldn't be allowed to stop someone (unless its a club where smart casual is required.)

I dunno. Both would be fine I feel/think.
Reply 95
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
there ugly, not smart, and i guess there are "certain types" who always wear trainers... what shoes do chavs wear?.....

i personally dislike trainers at any time other than when doing some sort activeness... like at the gym or playing a sport...
x

You can’t even spell right you dumb *****
Oh piss off you tory prick most people under the age of 46 wear trainers for more than “aCtiVe wEaR”
Reply 97
Original post by TheJ0ker
Well in Sheffield you can go in any clubs in trainers, I wear my adidas trainers and its never been a problem. Ever.

Well that's not true, I was in sheffield back in 2008 we were going to embrace and I was wearing trainers I was turned away by the bouncer!

Latest

Trending

Trending