The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys I'm only in my first year of btec. I really want DDD overall like everyone else but the past few assignments I got passes and distinctions but not the merits.

I really dont know what to do and how to get distinctions. Please helppppp

also I have a rubbish chemistry teacher who doesn't teach us anything
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 341
Original post by NaumanZoSo
If your doing BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3, then yes Distinctions are quite hard, I mainly use A Level websites in compliance to my Units for example one the first units you will do I think is Perceptions of Science. Which invovles mainly theory rather than practical, but it requires critical and ethical thinking to answer questions but it isn't hard to get distinctions but other units such as Physiology oF The Human Body Systems, you should use the website biology mad a level and it will explain everything in detail.

If you are sturggling with any current units just private message me and I will be gladly to help you

hi, COULD YOU HELP ME FOR UNIT 5 PLEASE
unit 5 is basically theoretical as opposed to practical. We have just started this unit and we had to pick a topic from the teachers list. everyone had to pick a different topic and then search views on the topic of different groups/societies and people.

e.g, my topic isabout should we add fluoride to tap water? My lecturer said that dentists would agree however doctors would disagree.

other people chose different topics such as views on mental health, video games, vaccinations and mmr etc etc...

personally i think there is a lot you can choose from but you are thinking critiacally and giving views odf different groups of people and judging the situation based on that rather than coming to a conclusion with a straightforward answer.7

thats what i think anyway.

hope that helps!!
I need as much help as possible with unit 6!?
Can someone reply to my thread please ?:smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3098953
HI im currently studying Level 3 BTEC applied science (Year 2). I achieved DD in my first year and hope to achieve DDD overall. I have been accepted by all five of my university choices including Hertforshire, Middlesex and Kingston, i am goint to study Biomedical Science. If any one wants to trade units or just want to help that would be great . I have Done Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 13, 20, 22, 26 and 43 all aachieving distinction, i need Units 15, 19, 12, 27, 21, 44 Help!
Reply 346
Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

Hello, i am struggling with Unit 4: Scientific Practical Techniques. I need help on assignment 3 mostly
Reply 347
Original post by umar9625
HI im currently studying Level 3 BTEC applied science (Year 2). I achieved DD in my first year and hope to achieve DDD overall. I have been accepted by all five of my university choices including Hertforshire, Middlesex and Kingston, i am goint to study Biomedical Science. If any one wants to trade units or just want to help that would be great . I have Done Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 13, 20, 22, 26 and 43 all aachieving distinction, i need Units 15, 19, 12, 27, 21, 44 Help!

Can you please help me with unit 4? Assignment 3?
Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

I have done my first year of this course. I did Units 1,4,5,11,13,15,26,27 and 8 last year and am currently doing units
02,03,06,12,18,19,20,21,28,44 and 06. if anyone needs help with the units I've done or can help me with unit i'm doing please let me know. As they want us finished by Easter so urgently need help. id be much obliged with information you could provide
Original post by umar9625

Heyy!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm doing the same course as you but i'm in my first year... and i'm also considering becoming a biomedical scientist!! :biggrin:
Hey! Anyone want to share what they got in their first year and what the think they are going to get/got in their second year? Just looking at what i could realistically achieve as I'm in my first year now :smile:

Thanks!!
Original post by harryed12
Hey! Anyone want to share what they got in their first year and what the think they are going to get/got in their second year? Just looking at what i could realistically achieve as I'm in my first year now :smile:

Thanks!!

Oh kool.
In second year got mostly distinctions..I expect to get hopefully DDD or even better.
If you need any help PM.

Sandra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harryed12

Thanks!!

Hey,

In my first year I got distinctions in all but 2 units - I got merits in those two. This year I've got distinctions in my 2 completed units and I'm predicted D*D*D* which (fingers crossed) I should get!

You could literally achieve anything, it all depends on how much work you're willing to put in and if you keep on top of your assignments. :smile:
Original post by cosimeg
Hey,

In my first year I got distinctions in all but 2 units - I got merits in those two. This year I've got distinctions in my 2 completed units and I'm predicted D*D*D* which (fingers crossed) I should get!

You could literally achieve anything, it all depends on how much work you're willing to put in and if you keep on top of your assignments. :smile:

How can I get distinction stars? I'm in my first year and marshallah I'm getting distinctions :smile:
Original post by Uz25
How can I get distinction stars? I'm in my first year and marshallah I'm getting distinctions :smile:

Well done on the distinctions! You can only get D*s as your overall grade - ie at the end of the course and what universities will see. :smile:
Original post by cosimeg
Well done on the distinctions! You can only get D*s as your overall grade - ie at the end of the course and what universities will see. :smile:

Thanks :smile: got to admit some chem cw did my head in... and u didn't understand my q I was asking how could u get distinction stars at the end of the course.

do u need to get all distinctions for all cw or what..
Original post by Uz25
Thanks :smile: got to admit some chem cw did my head in... and u didn't understand my q I was asking how could u get distinction stars at the end of the course.

do u need to get all distinctions for all cw or what..

Sorry! Yeah you'd need distinctions in the majority of your units, really. It comes down to the number of points you get; there is a table online from Edexcel somewhere showing the grade boundaries by BTEC points but I can't find it on my phone right now. But I'm sure you can find it if you look!

This might be helpful though: http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/ if you put in what you're aiming for in certain units if you know (eg you're good at biology so you could enter D for biology based units).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cosimeg
Sorry! Yeah you'd need distinctions in the majority of your units, really. It comes down to the number of points you get; there is a table online from Edexcel somewhere showing the grade boundaries by BTEC points but I can't find it on my phone right now. B
ut I'm sure you can find it if you look!

This might be helpful though: http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/ if you put in what you're aiming for in certain units if you know (eg you're good at biology so you could enter D for biology based units).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. . Have u done unit 27 assignment three? I got it due on tues.. mostly confused on the distinction .. It says evaluate how manufacture uses relates to the properties of substances..
Original post by Uz25
Thanks. . Have u done unit 27 assignment three? I got it due on tues.. mostly confused on the distinction .. It says evaluate how manufacture uses relates to the properties of substances..

Sorry, no I'm just starting 27 now and struggling a bit myself - my teacher is actually useless but I need a distinction in it for university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cosimeg
Sorry, no I'm just starting 27 now and struggling a bit myself - my teacher is actually useless but I need a distinction in it for university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww. . im going to try to do Alevel cchem and biology revision even though I'm doing btec so I don't feel dum at university. I'm confused about careers. Don't want to be a biomedical scientist. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending