The Student Room Group

B&Q job interview help

Hi,
I am currently studying A levels but would like a job... so I recently applied for a part time customer advisor job at B&Q and was successful in getting an interview.
My interview is this Friday and I've been told that it will last about 2 and a half hours, I will be doing some work on the ground floor and need to bring 2 forms of I.D and national insurance number with me.
Could anyone help with the following things:
-What will happen at the interview?/what will it entail?
-What questions may they ask? (how to answer them well)
-Why will it last 2 and a half hours?
-What to wear?
-What kind of pay do B&Q give?

I really need a job and I hope i'll get this one...
Thanks!
Reply 1
Could anyone help me out please? Someone must know some information?
Reply 2
Well looks like no one can help...
Anyway went for the interview today, it was a group one and they said they'll call me back if I was successful for another interview. Thought the group interview went well and I was confident and tried to input a lot. Has anyone else been through this process?
Reply 3
Did you have do design and then perform a cabaret act?
Reply 4
Haha fortunatey no.. Had to do a bit of customer service work on the shop floor, then did a team work task; building a tower, then had to do a sales pitch on a product. Thought it went well, but haven't got back to me as of yet, fingers crossed anyway.
Hey I know this is a few weeks old but what task did you have to do on the shop floor?
Im really nervous I have an interview for 2 hours for sales support on the checkout!
:/
please help
what should i prepare? do they ask hard questions?
Reply 6
sales support dont usually have to do a shop floor task. You will build a tower, sell something to the group and have a one to one q and a interview.
Reply 7
Original post by beatlesmania10
Hey I know this is a few weeks old but what task did you have to do on the shop floor?
Im really nervous I have an interview for 2 hours for sales support on the checkout!
:/
please help
what should i prepare? do they ask hard questions?

I've never had an interview at B and Q but I've had a fair few in retail.Usually when they ask you to do a task it's something like helping customers or organising a self the ' correct way'.

Usually interview questions aren't that hard.They're just like why do you want to work here,why should we choose you,what do you know about the company,when have you had to react to criticism.

Sometimes they're a bit odd like - if you were a cartoon character who would you be?

And in quite a few they've given us something to sell,either on our own or as a group but that's easy peasy because they give you all the info before hand.dont worry about it!
Reply 8
On the shop floor we were told to do some customer service, so I just went round and greeted every customer and asked if they need any help. Quite easy really. In your interview try to come across confident and keep a smile on your face, helped me a lot! They want people who will be able to interact well.
Reply 9
Original post by Hayd94
On the shop floor we were told to do some customer service, so I just went round and greeted every customer and asked if they need any help. Quite easy really. In your interview try to come across confident and keep a smile on your face, helped me a lot! They want people who will be able to interact well.

When on shop floor did you get any help with knowing where everything was? As although I have been in store I haven't been in enough to know where everything is.
Reply 10
what did you ask the customers on the shop floor? i have a interview coming up for a checkouts role>what questions where you asked in the group and individual part of the interview?
Reply 11
They really take the mick for a minimum wage job. I got in during 2007 and it all lasted like 2 hours. Now they're just taking advantage of other people's helplessness asking them to come for ANOTHER interview IF successful. I know how hard it is to get a job but this is too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending