The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Panic!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
They didn't even give me an interview on the basis that I'm "not economically viable".
i used to work there, and i didnt like it!

they made me make drinks all weekend :|

its poor pay also!
For those of you that actually eat the food there while working my advice would be to read the nutrition information before touching it- the fat and salt content certainly would be enough to put me off. Even some of those salads that are meant to be healthy when the have the crispy chicken and a dressing on certainly are not. I think I actually lost about half a stone working there due to rather starving than putting that in my body each day.
When I worked there you just asked the kitchen staff to cook you up something good. So if you're having a healthy day you could just have a salad with no meat on or something. If you are working with them I'm sure they'd whip you one up.

I only really eat the Filet, so I used to ask them to make me 'Filet dressed as a Quarter-pounder' or 'Filet dressed as McChicken Sandwich'. And sometimes I used to make up a Fruit and Yoghurt with extra fruit and stick it in the back of the fridge until my break :smile:
Hey, i jus got an interveiw on monday! I really need this job xD or im gona go crazy over the summer and have to live the life of a hobo! not good :frown:

I have a ghoattee will that need to be shaved off :frown: ? or can i jus have it cut really short? ....

:frown:

But from what i hear people enjoy it and i have two friends who have friends who work at mcd! and they love it! =/

:cool:
I had an interview on Sunday...when do you reckon they'll let me know? The manager said that it's likely I will get he job...he just needs to ask the staff their opinion of me but they seemed to get on very well with me. :smile:
TheGreatest21
I had an interview on Sunday...when do you reckon they'll let me know? The manager said that it's likely I will get he job...he just needs to ask the staff their opinion of me but they seemed to get on very well with me. :smile:

Congratz and well done ^^;

I jus waiting for monday for mine =/ i reallyyyyy need this job >_<
I'm applying tomorrow after I've checked my references out.

How are they with holidays and stuff?
Got one booked in August for a couple of weeks.

I'm applying for a part time position, evening shifts. Hopefully I'll be successful. :biggrin:
adam_1234
I'm applying tomorrow after I've checked my references out.

How are they with holidays and stuff?
Got one booked in August for a couple of weeks.

I'm applying for a part time position, evening shifts. Hopefully I'll be successful. :biggrin:

their really flexible. In fact, at the store where I work, they actually encourage you to use up all of your holidays.
Carnageshan

I have a ghoattee will that need to be shaved off :frown: ? or can i jus have it cut really short? ....

as far as I know, there is no policy regarding facial hair. As long as it's neat and not hanging in the food, I'm sure it will be okay.
Reply 90
libertine861
as far as I know, there is no policy regarding facial hair. As long as it's neat and not hanging in the food, I'm sure it will be okay.

Im afraid matey its a no no. Rules on facial hair are, a neatly trimmed moustache or a beard on only medical or religious grounds. In that case a beard snood must be worn.

If non of the above, its got to go.

Matt
My interview was on the 15th and it is now the 19th. How long would it normally take them to contact me if I was successful?
TheGreatest21
My interview was on the 15th and it is now the 19th. How long would it normally take them to contact me if I was successful?

they told me before I even left the store. It will probably vary from store to store.
No worries. Just got the call. I got the job. :smile:
TheGreatest21
No worries. Just got the call. I got the job. :smile:

Congratulations!

Applied yesterday so hopefully my interview will come soon. :cool:
Reply 95
Had an interview on Monday, was told I would get a call about orientation without 2-3 days... its now Thursday :frown:
mike543406
Had an interview on Monday, was told I would get a call about orientation without 2-3 days... its now Thursday :frown:

I was told 2-3 days. Mine interview was on Sunday. It's now Thursday and I got told I was successful. Just be patient...it'll come and you'll get the job. :smile:
:frown: I will trim it tidily and see how it goes if they give me the job and ask me to shave it off then so be it :frown:

Grr cant wait for monday its looming over me xD
Reply 98
Woohoo! Got phone call today offering me the job - orientation on Monday!

Good luck Carnageshan :tongue:
I have a welcome meeting...sounds good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending