The Student Room Group

Brighton uni or Oxford Brookes?

I feel really stupid asking this, as it is fully my decision, and also because (I'm assuming) they are two very different unis.
I will be going to open days for both unis, but for now I really want to get some more opinions. So does anyone have a strong opinion (good/bad) on either uni? It would really help me out as, for now, I'm completely on the fence.
Which subject is it for?

Out of the two I'd say Oxford Brookes has the better and stronger reputation but it depends on the subject.

Brighton apparently is good for Sport Science whereas Oxford Brookes has other strengths such as architecture.
Original post by rosex
I feel really stupid asking this, as it is fully my decision, and also because (I'm assuming) they are two very different unis.
I will be going to open days for both unis, but for now I really want to get some more opinions. So does anyone have a strong opinion (good/bad) on either uni? It would really help me out as, for now, I'm completely on the fence.

Both unis are good.

Brighton - seaside so you'll be healthier there (more fresh air) ((havent been to the uni< but friends did and seemed to like it (open days))

Im a 3rd going into 4th year at Brookes.

Brookes the campus's are spread out so theres not too much squashed in on site, theres a uni bus service going between the campus's and Oxford city. (anyone in halls gets a free buspass)

Depending on where your course is based you could be in the countryside (business school), just out of town (headington hill / gipsy lane (main campus), almost in countryside (teaching - harcourt hill)

All the libraries got everything you need, so you only buy text books when told to, and they will even move books to another library if you find that easier.

Any other Brookes questions just ask.

To whoever gave this negative feedback - please explain why.:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
How do Oxford Brookes and Kent compare for Creative Writing MA?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by williamrshore
Both unis are good.

Brighton - seaside so you'll be healthier there (more fresh air) ((havent been to the uni< but friends did and seemed to like it (open days))

Im a 3rd going into 4th year at Brookes.

Brookes the campus's are spread out so theres not too much squashed in on site, theres a uni bus service going between the campus's and Oxford city. (anyone in halls gets a free buspass)

Depending on where your course is based you could be in the countryside (business school), just out of town (headington hill / gipsy lane (main campus), almost in countryside (teaching - harcourt hill)

All the libraries got everything you need, so you only buy text books when told to, and they will even move books to another library if you find that easier.

Any other Brookes questions just ask.

How good is Oxford Brookes for Biomedical Science, and what are the lab facilities and lectures like?
Original post by samlike25
How good is Oxford Brookes for Biomedical Science, and what are the lab facilities and lectures like?

Since I havent studied that I am afraid I am unable to help .
I'm going to Sussex and Brighton is just down the road, it's not a campus uni at all, we also take the mick out of it relentlessely, but I know someone at Oxford Brookes who loves it there :smile:
Reply 7
Anyone studying biomedical science at brighton uni starting this september ?
Reply 8
Anyone studying bio medical sciences at brighton uni starting this september?
Original post by sheek geek
Anyone studying biomedical science at brighton uni starting this september ?
<br />
<br />

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending