The Student Room Group

Is 3 sets of 7 reps ok for mass building?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tooosh
Maybe. The focus on the 20 rep squat program is mental resilience to my knowledge, since even though it's 20 reps it's still squatting so the weight is heavy. But physically you would be training endurance. I've never tried it though, prove me wrong.

lol nobody goes to the beach to show off their mental resilience. The focus of the 20 rep squat program is size.
Reply 21
Original post by The Troll Toll
lol nobody goes to the beach to show off their mental resilience. The focus of the 20 rep squat program is size.

Well I've never heard of anyone doing 20-rep squats so they could look good on the beach.
Reply 22
Original post by The Troll Toll

Widowmakers are good but the vast majority of people who do them will take small breaks in between every few reps or so. I have never seen someone bang out 20 reps fo a working weight in one go.
Reply 23
Original post by ceris
Widowmakers are good but the vast majority of people who do them will take small breaks in between every few reps or so. I have never seen someone bang out 20 reps fo a working weight in one go.

That's probably it actually. The weight isn't light enough to do 20 straight reps which would train endurance, but it's heavy enough to do 20 "breathing" reps which leads to size.

Quick Reply

Latest