The Student Room Group

is Children's nursing a good job

i am now going in too college and have picked my A levels and have chosen psychology,law,politics and finance and was quite interested in Children's nursing can someone help me out

thanks
Reply 1
My sis in laws sister, is a 'sister' at a local children's hospital. She started as a nurse & after 10 years of service, she been promoted to be a 'sister' of the entire children's ward.
She loves her job & she's the boss & she's dancing on lots of money.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Dolly786
My sis in laws sister, is a 'sister' at a local children's hospital. She started as a nurse & after 10 years of service, she been promoted to be a 'sister' of the entire children's ward.
She loves her job & she's the boss & she's dancing on lots of money.

sorry but iam a bit confused so your sister was a layer but then became a nurse
Reply 3
Sister in law.
She became a 'ward sister'

My housemates do children's nursing, they love it.
Reply 5
It's a very popular branch of nursing to study so there is a lot of competition for places at uni. If you are seriously interested in being a kid's nurse I suggest going to some open days at universities you're interested in, talking to the admissions tutors and seeing what sort of things they are looking for in applicants as things such as work experience will be a biggie for anyone applying for this course. There's a separate section of this site for people on healthcare courses and nursing where you will find loads of info:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Sister in law.
She became a 'ward sister'

oh she did law can you ask her is law good because i will be doing that in Alevels
Original post by moonkatt
It's a very popular branch of nursing to study so there is a lot of competition for places at uni. If you are seriously interested in being a kid's nurse I suggest going to some open days at universities you're interested in, talking to the admissions tutors and seeing what sort of things they are looking for in applicants as things such as work experience will be a biggie for anyone applying for this course. There's a separate section of this site for people on healthcare courses and nursing where you will find loads of info:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71

thanks
Reply 8
Original post by cherry_heart2047
oh she did law can you ask her is law good because i will be doing that in Alevels

Is that a joke?.. Her sister-in-law... i.e: her brothers wife.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Reply 9

Ultimate face palm ¬_¬

Anyway, nursing can be an extremely rewarding job, and if you're good with kids and are really dedicated to working with them then you'll probably find being a Paediatric Nurse very enjoyable. It's not an easy career though, it's very demanding (emotionally and physically), it's not paid especially well and it can be extremely competitive.

Whatever you do, don't treat it as an easy job to fall into. A lot more work is required than some people give credit for.
Original post by lowe28

oh sorry i get it now i thought her sister did law sorry if i have offended you in any way
Original post by lowe28

oh thanks and yeah thats true its very hard and stressful thanks for the help
Reply 12

My Sister-in-law is a ward sister in a hospital? ? ?!

Reply 13
Original post by lowe28

Why is that a joke?

Reply 14
My sister works as a nude on children's a&e. She loves it, but finds it very tough, especially on days when patients die.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Reply 15
Original post by MKZebra
My sister works as a nude on children's a&e. She loves it, but finds it very tough, especially on days when patients die.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire

A Nude?
Reply 16
Why is that a joke?

Because I find it difficult to believe that the op didn't understand what you had clearly said.
Reply 17
Ohh ok

Reply 18
Original post by moonkatt
A Nude?

Haha, I tried editing it on my phone and it wouldn't let me. It's possibly one of the most unfortunate typos I've ever made.

She's a nurse, of course. Just thought I should make that clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending