The Student Room Group

'Lesbians Until Graduation'

This other article I was reading was talking about lesbianism is becoming more common among women even if they aren't Lesbians....some girls have started groups called LUG (Lesbians Until Graduation), just because of the closeness and security they feel in their relationships with their friends. However, they were talking about how its still not acceptable for guys. While are girls seeing lesbian sex as more appealing?

Scroll to see replies

Cos womens bodies are a lot sexier than mens?
Reply 2
The Mudman
Cos womens bodies are a lot sexier than mens?

Noooooooooooo mens are sexier :p: :p: :p:
Reply 3
guys' bodies are sexy...to me anyway lol
Really? Mine isn't :redface:
Reply 5
aww...Im sure it is...everyone has a sexy feature...I dont even like a lot of that toned stuff on a guy anyway...i like a bit of a softy haha
keenya2006
This other article I was reading was talking about lesbianism is becoming more common among women even if they aren't Lesbians....
:hmmmm:
Reply 7
I think most of them do. When they're at their female friends' houses, I'd imagine most of them sneak a furtive look at whatever girly magazines are lying around. I'm a pretty hardened feminist and so I hate those kinds of magazines, but when I'm babysitting I read the girl's Bliss virtually cover to cover - mainly out of boredom/curiosity - which basically serves to make me angry. Still, I can't resist. ( :redface: )

I caught my brother studying a feature called "Are You Wearing The Right Sized Bra?" in my mother's Good Housekeeping. He reads it more thoroughly than she does.

Going back to your original post, I don't quite see what you mean...
Is this some new term for girls having close friendships? I don't think it's to do with the girls who kiss at parties because they think it will turn men on, although that is annoying. Do you mean that more women are having lesbian relationships while keeping the possibility of a relationship with a man open? I thought that was bisexuality.
Reply 8
Well thats why im confused...it said women are more open to having like lesbian love encounters...not relationships..just sex...but still saying you know, they are straight..and now its easierfor them to do that i guess, because that taboo doesnt really exist anymore
keenya2006
aww...Im sure it is...everyone has a sexy feature...I dont even like a lot of that toned stuff on a guy anyway...i like a bit of a softy haha

Thanks hun, but I'm a hirsute stick insect lol
Reply 10
sssh
I think most of them do. When they're at their female friends' houses, I'd imagine most of them sneak a furtive look at whatever girly magazines are lying around. I'm a pretty hardened feminist and so I hate those kinds of magazines.

Whats unfeminist about Cosmo? There's an article in whatever one my sister has currently left lying around about why feminism is still very much alive.
Reply 11
wanderer
Whats unfeminist about Cosmo? There's an article in whatever one my sister has currently left lying around about why feminism is still very much alive.

I haven't read them for a while, but the last one I read seemed to be peddling a very diluted version of feminism. That faux-empowering sort of thing. Plus, I'm not interested in articles about makeup, inane confessions or quizzes, I'd really rather read about music, books or politics.

I don't like the ideas that magazines such as Cosmogirl or Bliss put into girls heads too much. They just seem like they're grooming young girls into stupid acceptable roles that society has prepared for them...while pretending that they are giving them advice, giving them confidence. All such magazines are read by a much younger readership than they are written for, and so you have 12 years olds reading "How Normal is Your Body?" and "How To Pull a Guy This Weekend". They are not positive influences on girls' development. A lot of my friends read them, if you knew them you'd see what the product of this is.
I only read those magazines for fashion and product info. Everything else is written by mentally constipated “boyfriend just dumped me because I’m too neurotic” weirdoes ^o)

Some men read those magazines? :eek: why? :s:
sssh
I haven't read them for a while, but the last one I read seemed to be peddling a very diluted version of feminism. That faux-empowering sort of thing. Plus, I'm not interested in articles about makeup, inane confessions or quizzes, I'd really rather read about music, books or politics.

I don't like the ideas that magazines such as Cosmogirl or Bliss put into girls heads too much. They just seem like they're grooming young girls into stupid acceptable roles that society has prepared for them...while pretending that they are giving them advice, giving them confidence. All such magazines are read by a much younger readership than they are written for, and so you have 12 years olds reading "How Normal is Your Body?" and "How To Pull a Guy This Weekend". They are not positive influences on girls' development. A lot of my friends read them, if you knew them you'd see what the product of this is.

:ditto:
Reply 14
bluedreamer

Some men read those magazines? :eek: why? :s:

for tips lol :biggrin:
i read that magazine once or twice and they were rather funny :p:
and my friends and i read them for fun hahahaha...they were quite entertaining actually
Reply 15
pianist
:ditto:

Thanks. I know it's a fairly tired argument to be making, but it still doesn't seem to have got through to some people, so it's up to the stubborn ones like me to keep reiterating it. I have to be careful to save much of my angry rhetoric for when I'm in the presence of similar minded people - although it does slip out if someone really pisses me off - because feminism is a cause that many people find easy to dismiss if you lapse into that kind of language.
I think the magazines give girls the wrong impression as to what men are like and what the world is like. I spend a countless amount of time trying to convince my girlfriend that the stupid poles they do don't reflect the entire male population- just those that read magazines like "zoo" and do the poles in them!
Reply 17
sssh

Because clearly I don't know any teenage girls. I don't know anything about magazines other than Cosmo itself, so I won't defend them. As for Cosmo, the key point is that it is not aimed at younger girls. They read it because they want to act older, but thats a social issue seperate from the content of the magazine - you can't judge everything aimed at adults on the basis taht children might encounter it. It is intended to be read by adult women and thats the context in which to judge it. There is certainly plenty of stuff in Cosmo along the lines of 'how to pull a guy this weekend'. I've also seen articles about the advantages of staying single. You could argue that it focuses extensively on relationships with men when that shouldn't be one of the most important things in women's lives. Well, why shouldn't it be? Relationships with women are one of the most important things in most men's lives (assuming they're heterosexual).

There's also the 'all that focus on makeup and fashion objectifies women' argument. Well, the article I mentioned before argues specifically that women wanting to look good and be attractive to men is by no means incompatible with feminism. They're not objectifying themselves any more than men objectify themselves when they attempt to make themselves sexually attractive.
Unseen_ Angel
Noooooooooooo mens are sexier :p: :p: :p:

nooo women are hotter hehe :p:

anyway did i just go offtopic :redface:
aaaanyway, back to the original topic,
hmm...that's very interesting! did this all start in american universities?
well anyway, women are more open with affection towards the same sex than men, men are afraid of the stigma by other straight men (more likely to be their friends). most women wouldn't think twice at a quick kiss on the cheek/mouth to their female friend. what guy would kiss their male friend?
so i spose why not have a club about it and take it to the next level??

Latest

Trending

Trending