The Student Room Group

Should I resit

I have got back my module results from january:

Statistics 1 : 93/100
Pure 1 : 90/100
Economics 1 : 69/90

I have already decided that I should resit economics to try and make it easier to get an A in the summer but i dont know about the maths. S1 is fine but should I resit P1. I know that it is a high enough mark but after doing P2 and 3 it seems so easy.

Will universites look down on me if i retake a module? Are there any other benifits/losses about resiting these modules. I know that P1 and P3 are on the same afternoon and that doesnt really bother me.
Reply 1
Womble548

I have already decided that I should resit economics to try and make it easier to get an A in the summer but i dont know about the maths. S1 is fine but should I resit P1. I know that it is a high enough mark but after doing P2 and 3 it seems so easy.

Will universites look down on me if i retake a module? Are there any other benifits/losses about resiting these modules. I know that P1 and P3 are on the same afternoon and that doesnt really bother me.

I dont think Universites will look down on you for retaking a module.
i dont think unis will know if youve retaken something they will just be given your highest mark
Reply 3
Womble548

Personally I think you're mad retaking if you already have an A. Concentrate on your other exams.
Reply 4
Womble548

It depends on what other maths modules you are going to take. If I got 90/100 in P1 I would retake it. This is because I am going all the way up to P6, and I need as many UMS points as possible. If you are doing the easier modules in stats, mechanics and decision, then you are in a more comfortable situation.
Reply 5
yes sum clever boy at my skool got rejected from everywhere and he had retaken p1!!!! dont 90 is ok...if u r struggling later on then retake but dont rush into it...u have to declare all modules as far as i kno
Reply 6
it seems pointless resitting something if you've got 90/100. you can only go up a maximum of 10 UMS markswhich will overall hardly make any difference, just think of all the extra work involved in resits, be happy with what you've got.
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies. Much of what you said has been what I have been thinking. I am doing double maths so P1 will go with P2, P3, S1, M1 and M2/S2 so I 'shouldn't' have trouble with an A :s.

Only reason I thought of resitting is that P1 is use all the time n our P2 and P3 work. I'll wait and see what i get at the end of the year and then will resit in January if I am just off a grade

I heard about people rejected from oxbridge because they resta an exam. Sounds a bit tough on a student wanting to do better.

Thanks for the advice

Latest

Trending

Trending