Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got back my module results from january:

Statistics 1 : 93/100
    Pure 1 : 90/100
    Economics 1 : 69/90

I have already decided that I should resit economics to try and make it easier to get an A in the summer but i dont know about the maths. S1 is fine but should I resit P1. I know that it is a high enough mark but after doing P2 and 3 it seems so easy.

Will universites look down on me if i retake a module? Are there any other benifits/losses about resiting these modules. I know that P1 and P3 are on the same afternoon and that doesnt really bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)

I have already decided that I should resit economics to try and make it easier to get an A in the summer but i dont know about the maths. S1 is fine but should I resit P1. I know that it is a high enough mark but after doing P2 and 3 it seems so easy.

Will universites look down on me if i retake a module? Are there any other benifits/losses about resiting these modules. I know that P1 and P3 are on the same afternoon and that doesnt really bother me.
    I dont think Universites will look down on you for retaking a module.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think unis will know if youve retaken something they will just be given your highest mark

ReputationRep:

Personally I think you're mad retaking if you already have an A. Concentrate on your other exams.

ReputationRep:

It depends on what other maths modules you are going to take. If I got 90/100 in P1 I would retake it. This is because I am going all the way up to P6, and I need as many UMS points as possible. If you are doing the easier modules in stats, mechanics and decision, then you are in a more comfortable situation.

ReputationRep:
    yes sum clever boy at my skool got rejected from everywhere and he had retaken p1!!!! dont 90 is ok...if u r struggling later on then retake but dont rush into it...u have to declare all modules as far as i kno

ReputationRep:
    it seems pointless resitting something if you've got 90/100. you can only go up a maximum of 10 UMS markswhich will overall hardly make any difference, just think of all the extra work involved in resits, be happy with what you've got.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. Much of what you said has been what I have been thinking. I am doing double maths so P1 will go with P2, P3, S1, M1 and M2/S2 so I 'shouldn't' have trouble with an A :s.

Only reason I thought of resitting is that P1 is use all the time n our P2 and P3 work. I'll wait and see what i get at the end of the year and then will resit in January if I am just off a grade

I heard about people rejected from oxbridge because they resta an exam. Sounds a bit tough on a student wanting to do better.

Thanks for the advice

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.