The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Typical Offer for Electronic Engineering at UCL

Hi there, this is my first thread and AFAIK, this hasn't been asked anywhere else.

So yeah, the title is self-explanatory. The UCL website say that it ranges between ABB-AAA. Is it possible to realistically get an ABB or AAB offer for Electronic Engineering for UCL? What factors will help lower the offer?

As a bit of background information, I've applied to UCL and have an interview due in February. I am predicted AAA.

I will be very grateful if those of you who have received their offer for 2013 entry respond, as well as those who applied within the last 1/2 years.

Thanks in advance. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Eee means?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Reply 3
BUMP!!
It ranges from AAA-AAB.
Reply 5
Original post by diracdeltafunc
It ranges from AAA-AAB.

Do you know anybody who has been offered AAB? Or do the majority get offered AAA?
Original post by Notorious544d
Do you know anybody who has been offered AAB? Or do the majority get offered AAA?

The offer you get ranges from AAA-AAB. Yea some people did get offered AAB because they did FM. Lemme know if u have any q's as iam a current EEE student. It might be worth going through my previous posts to answer similar questions.
Reply 7
Completely misunderstood, thought you wanted a conditional to achieve EEE grades lol
Reply 8
Original post by ElChapo
Completely misunderstood, thought you wanted a conditional to achieve EEE grades lol

OMG, I didn't realise that!
Edited title and OP accordingly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
BUMP!! Just had my Physics exam yesterday and I don't think I did that well :frown:
Is it possible to be offered AAB, despite not having Further Maths, but having Physics?
Reply 10
I'm predicted AAB, UCL gave me an offer of AAA or A*AB for EEE. Bit annoying since all my other offers (from good unis) are BBB-AAB.

Theres no way I'm getting an A in physics so I'll have to aim for A*AB
Reply 11
Original post by zmasta94
I'm predicted AAB, UCL gave me an offer of AAA or A*AB for EEE. Bit annoying since all my other offers (from good unis) are BBB-AAB.

Theres no way I'm getting an A in physics so I'll have to aim for A*AB

Can I ask out of curiosity, have you applied for BEng or MEng? Does applying to BEng make the offer AAB while MEng is AAA? Or does it make no difference?
Reply 12
I applied to BEng and got an AAA/A*AB offer. Someone at my school applying for the same course got the same offer.
Reply 13
Out of sheer curiosity, what did you guys finally do? Did you firm the UCL offer?

I've got my firm unconditional offer from UCL now, so just asking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diracdeltafunc
The offer you get ranges from AAA-AAB. Yea some people did get offered AAB because they did FM. Lemme know if u have any q's as iam a current EEE student. It might be worth going through my previous posts to answer similar questions.

What AS Subjects did you do & What grades did you get in them to receive an offer from UCL? Condition Also Please
Original post by Hassan Hassan
What AS Subjects did you do & What grades did you get in them to receive an offer from UCL? Condition Also Please

I graduated last year and I don't know what the current offers are based on. To answer your question, I had initially applied for Mech Engg. However I ended up getting AABB in my Alevels and changed to EEE before joining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending