The Student Room Group

What is the worst personality trait a guy can have?

Male version of the thread.

Being a lapdog to the girl they like.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Arrogance
Reply 2
Being selfish
Same goes for girls too though.

I resent the fact that people seem to think that there are gender specific bad personality traits...
Controlling is the worst trait without a question.
Original post by Decerto
Arrogance

This + cockiness = aids :frown:
Original post by AwsomePossum
This + cockiness = aids :frown:

Pretty sure they're the same otherwise :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I think there is a difference. I'm not too sure. I really need to buy a dictionary. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by redferry
Being selfish
Same goes for girls too though.

I resent the fact that people seem to think that there are gender specific bad personality traits...

Of course they're not just gender specific, but I think that certain personality traits can be worse on a certain gender than another.
Agree with both.

Selfishness to the point of being narcissistic or only caring about themselves - as well as the complete opposite end - only caring for the girl and having no regard for themselves.
Both are tremendously unattractive because they only allow one person to dominate in the interaction with that person... which defeats the point of an interaction.
Reply 9
Rude, cold, controlling...can't really decide.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

probably are :L but in my head;

arrogance = Snobby

cockiness = dickishness
Being a "LAD":rolleyes:
Arrogance with no respect towards women, although not on the extreme side where they practically worship the girl either...
Original post by AwsomePossum
probably are :L but in my head;

arrogance = Snobby

cockiness = dickishness

Well, no, not really. Arrogance = an overinflated confidence in your abilities/ opinion of yourself generally. Cockiness = ... basically that. Perhaps 'cockiness' would imply more of an element of being really vocal about your arrogance...

:getmecoat:
Compulsive lying. Although I don't like that on either sex.
Some people cannot help being controlling, its just part of them...:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In terms of being sexuality attractive, being needy, fawning and submissive are the worst characteristics.
Reply 17
Original post by jam277
Of course they're not just gender specific, but I think that certain personality traits can be worse on a certain gender than another.

This was my point...how bloody ridiculous. Of course personality traits aren't worse in one gender than another.
What kind of a ****ed up society do we live in where being selfish/horrible/bitchy/mean is worse if it is a girl than a guy or vice versa?
Original post by TCP
Rude, cold, controlling...can't really decide.

Don't a lot of women say they want a guy who is decisive? Is it a fine line between decisive and controlling or are they different things?
Original post by redferry
This was my point...how bloody ridiculous. Of course personality traits aren't worse in one gender than another.
What kind of a ****ed up society do we live in where being selfish/horrible/bitchy/mean is worse if it is a girl than a guy or vice versa?

The question is obviously what girls find off-putting in guys etc. There are going to be different levels of emphasis on different traits.

Stop going around trying to find things to be offended by.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending