The Student Room Group

Good history work experience for uni applications?

Sup, I intend to study history in university - however, I'm finding it hard to decide upon work experience for it - courses such as vetinary science and medicine are pretty cut and dry, but history is less so.
Do you have an suggestions for work experience I could do that would be good? I'm considering doing it in my local uni's history department (if they'll let me) or in the museum. Other than this, is there anything else you can suggest, in particular stuff that is viewed well on a uni application?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
I think museum work would be useful. It shows you have an interest in the past outside of school, you're also interacting with the public and might get experience working on tills or admin. I volunteer in a museum, but before I volunteered there I did work experience; I did some admin and some conservation (no tills though, because the curator doesn't like having volunteers in charge of the shop - but other places might be different).

I should add, I'm starting an archaeology degree in September, but I did get one offer for history as well.
Reply 2
Museums, National Trust Properties etc, even just going into your local primary school to help with History lessons. Im doing all three :smile:
Reply 3
Ok awesome, cheers to ya both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending