The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by amineamine2
there is no such thing as an 'aryan race'. Iranians did call themselves Aryans and Iran does mean the land of the aryans but through history many people have called themselves aryan.
Iranians today are diverse, some are Black/African descent, some have European haplogroups.

I'm Iranian, yet most people think I'm northern European/British etc.

Your right, there is no such thing as an Aryan race in the same sense as being, say italian, but it's a general classification of Indo-European Eurasian heritage and their modern day descendants being caucasians. And that's what the recent genetic evidence says that iranians are not.

I'm iranian as well yet most people think I'm either greek, italian or jewish.
Original post by Ali-Iraq94
Jag hoppas att du möter ditt offer :crossedf:
Nej jag byter inte universitet, utan stannar vid KI :smile:

tack mycket :smile:
I absolutely love Iraqi and any middle eastern/Arab men, I think they're gorgeous.

I would never date a religious man though.
Original post by Bordeaux
Your right, there is no such thing as an Aryan race in the same sense as being, say italian, but it's a general classification of Indo-European Eurasian heritage and their modern day descendants being caucasians. And that's what the recent genetic evidence says that iranians are not.

No, "Aryan" is not used by any scientist. It's used by neo-nazis and Iranians with inferiority complex. Caucasian is a separate issue. For example, Most Arabs are Caucasian (but not "Aryan"). It's about bone structure.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast93
Ja jag flyttade till London också :smile: Vilket år kom du? Jag flyttade här i 1997 :smile:

Min pappa kom hit samma år som dig. Resten av familjen kom några år senare.
Ska du också studera 'Law'? Jag med :smile:

Most Iranians look very similar to Italians to be fair...
I'm Iranian but I don't look like the stereotypical middle eastern (without the headscarf lol) since my skin colour is white and my hair colours light brown but my eyes suit the middle eastern gene haha. That's what I love about Iranians, you get a mixture of so many different styles. Like I have a friend who she's Iranian but she has natural blond hair and blue eyes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by ILoveTehran
Most Iranians look very similar to Italians to be fair...
I'm Iranian but I don't look like the stereotypical middle eastern (without the headscarf lol) since my skin colour is white and my hair colours light brown but my eyes suit the middle eastern gene haha. That's what I love about Iranians, you get a mixture of so many different styles. Like I have a friend who she's Iranian but she has natural blond hair and blue eyes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even within my family, the appearances are so diverse. It's kinda cool.
Reply 128
Original post by amineamine2
No, "Aryan" is not used by any scientist. It's used by neo-nazis and Iranians with inferiority complex. Caucasian is a separate issue. For example, Most Arabs are Caucasian (but not "Aryan"). It's about bone structure.

I was quoting a scientific article so it is used by some scientists. I wasn't making it up. Whether you think it's poor science or not, that's another story. The aryan label has been used in many different contexts. I assume those scientists in question were looking for something. I think it was featured on BBC Canada at one point.
Reply 129
Original post by Dragonfly07
I absolutely love Iraqi and any middle eastern/Arab men, I think they're gorgeous.

I would never date a religious man though.

What is your definition of religious? Anyone who considers himself/herself to belong to a certain religion (Islam,Christianity, Judaism)?
What is your definition of religious? Anyone who considers himself/herself to belong to a certain religion (Islam,Christianity, Judaism)?

Anyone who believes in supernatural things.
I was quoting a scientific article so it is used by some scientists. I wasn't making it up. Whether you think it's poor science or not, that's another story. The aryan label has been used in many different contexts. I assume those scientists in question were looking for something. I think it was featured on BBC Canada at one point.

I didn't mean it's physically impossible for a scientist to use the term, I meant they are not scientific terms. Please don't tell me you consider 19th century scientific racism and eugenics as science?

The Aryan Cyrus used was different to the Aryan Hitler used. We are not more, or less, related to Germans than we are to Arabs.
You do get nordic looking Iranians like me but I've got European admixture and so does many shomalis, yani rashtis and those people.
Reply 132
I misunderstood you then. Fair enough.

And no, I don't consider eugenics as being scientific.
Reply 133

I like your definition.
Reply 134

Well the vast majority of arabs believe in god (which I assume you consider is supernatural being). We may vary in how religious we are but at the end of the day we never deny the existence of god, which for muslims is the only sin which cannot be forgiven.
If you´re really into arab men you´re going to have a hard time finding one who denies the existence of god :wink:

Out of interest, why do you think that you can´t have a relationship with someone who believes in god? What part of his belief in god do you think would make your realtionship unsustainable?
I have many arab mates who drink, have pre-marital sex, eat non-halal food, smoke, but none even considers denying the existence of god.
It´s quite a big thing!
Well the vast majority of arabs believe in god (which I assume you consider is supernatural being). We may vary in how religious we are but at the end of the day we never deny the existence of god, which for muslims is the only sin which cannot be forgiven.
If you´re really into arab men you´re going to have a hard time finding one who denies the existence of god :wink:

Out of interest, why do you think that you can´t have a relationship with someone who believes in god? What part of his belief in god do you think would make your realtionship unsustainable?
I have many arab mates who drink, have pre-marital sex, eat non-halal food, smoke, but none even considers denying the existence of god.
It´s quite a big thing!

Just because I find Arab men attractive doesn't mean I'm looking for a relationship with one... I have a white British boyfriend who I'm not planning to replace lol.

The reason I'll never date religious men is because I find it incredibly unattractive. Also, if he could believe in something without evidence then he's obviously an irrational man, and I wouldn't want to live with/make decisions with irrational people.
Reply 136
bump

lol ur avatar is so random and cute :colondollar:
Original post by Carrotcake18
lol ur avatar is so random and cute :colondollar:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139

Even if this is a bit off-topic, are you a supporter of Dr Ahmedinejad?
If yes/no , then why?

Latest

Trending

Trending