The Student Room Group

Are there any girls like this anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Are there any boys like that?
Reply 21
Original post by superduper9
I wouldn't reject a girl because she smoked. I may be worried for her health though. So I might help her slowly cut back with time, if she wanted to of course :smile:

thats fair enough. its not nice to smoke. but honestly i think youll find that if not every, most smokers do want to quit. it is just very hard.
You're either not seeing the vast quantities of girls that don't sleep around, or you have a high expectation of how girls are supposed to behave and seem to confuse getting drunk and having fun with being a slut.
Reply 23
Original post by eccoxem
id say im all of them, except for the fact i smoke. its a major downfall of mine, i have my reasons. but would you really reject a girl just because they smoked?

Yes i would reject a girl who smokes because I would not want to be subject to passive smoking. I also want to have healthy children who arent subject to passive smoking. And i would not want to have my Gf dying of lung cancer a few years after we meet.

That would be slightly inconvenient.
Reply 24
Original post by Mother_Russia
Are there any boys like that?
Yes... both questions are equally generalised :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Original post by Harley
They were sadly hunted to extinction for their pelts :frown:

Properly laughed out loud at this.
Reply 26
Original post by nightfall576

At least reasonably smart
Nice person
Not a slut/whore (Dosent sleep around)
Dosent smoke do drugs or drink irresponsibly

That's like, the opposite to my ideal girl.

I'm finna bone any dumb slut who's high as hell. Where do you find them?
Reply 27
Yes i would reject a girl who smokes because I would not want to be subject to passive smoking. I also want to have healthy children who arent subject to passive smoking. And i would not want to have my Gf dying of lung cancer a few years after we meet.

That would be slightly inconvenient.

Well that's fair enough. However i dont think a relationship can consist of what is 'convenient'. surely its about if you fall for someone. so if you fell in love with someone, you would still reject them just because what is inconvenient for you?
Are there any girls who have these qualities?

Nice person

Any girls like this who respect their bodies and take care of themselves?

Not trying to be hostile just curious!

over here; oh wait, i'm not a slut and i am a nice person so i always get friendzoned. YES MEN, women get friend zoned as well!
Reply 29
Original post by eccoxem
id say im all of them, except for the fact i smoke. its a major downfall of mine, i have my reasons. but would you really reject a girl just because they smoked?

Depends on the smoking. I don't mind a social smoke if I'm offered something when I'm out drinking, but I couldn't be with someone that depends on nicotine.
Reply 30
Original post by eccoxem
Well that's fair enough. However i dont think a relationship can consist of what is 'convenient'. surely its about if you fall for someone. so if you fell in love with someone, you would still reject them just because what is inconvenient for you?

If i fell in love with a girl and she smoked i would reluctantly have to reject her and try to move on because if i was in love with her and she died when we were still young i would be devastated and my heart would be broken so yeah i would still reject them.

I would not want to go into a relationship where it was possible that i was going to lose the girl early on if you know what i mean.
Original post by eccoxem
thats fair enough. its not nice to smoke. but honestly i think youll find that if not every, most smokers do want to quit. it is just very hard.

Not being able to quit it is something that's unattractive to me. It demonstrates a lack of self-control and willpower. There is so much great advice for quitting, and if you want it that much you'll just do it. You obviously don't really want to quit. You know you should quit, and that it's bad for you, and you don't want to think of yourself as weak-willed, but ultimately the pleasurable aspect of smoking means more to you than the downsides.

If you honestly want to change yourself then you will do it, but you have to mean it on all levels, it's changing a part of you, you're becoming less of a hedonist.
Reply 32
Original post by RichyFrench
Not being able to quit it is something that's unattractive to me. It demonstrates a lack of self-control and willpower. There is so much great advice for quitting, and if you want it that much you'll just do it. You obviously don't really want to quit. You know you should quit, and that it's bad for you, and you don't want to think of yourself as weak-willed, but ultimately the pleasurable aspect of smoking means more to you than the downsides.

If you honestly want to change yourself then you will do it, but you have to mean it on all levels, it's changing a part of you, you're becoming less of a hedonist.

Couldn't agree more with this one
Original post by Helen_Louise92
over here; oh wait, i'm not a slut and i am a nice person so i always get friendzoned. YES MEN, women get friend zoned as well!

You get friendzoned if you're not attractive too, you know that right? Personality only counts to a certain extent.
Reply 34
If i fell in love with a girl and she smoked i would reluctantly have to reject her and try to move on because if i was in love with her and she died when we were still young i would be devastated and my heart would be broken so yeah i would still reject them.

I would not want to go into a relationship where it was possible that i was going to lose the girl early on if you know what i mean.

Smoking does not kill every smoker, and certainly not as quickly as you seem to think. That's like saying you can't be with someone who crosses roads because they might get ran over and die.
Original post by RichyFrench
You get friendzoned if you're not attractive too, you know that right? Personality only counts to a certain extent.

You must be experienced in the area as well then? True, it always starts with attraction but if someone is a complete and utter arse, I couldn't care less how sexy they are, to be honest.
Reply 36
Original post by superduper9
I wouldn't reject a girl because she smoked. I may be worried for her health though. So I might help her slowly cut back with time, if she wanted to of course :smile:

The beta is strong in this one.
Reply 37
Are there any girls who have these qualities?

Nice person

Any girls like this who respect their bodies and take care of themselves?

Not trying to be hostile just curious!

Yes, there are, they are muslims though...
(Please no negs)
---
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
just a quick point. i think that too many people look for perfection in a potential partner, but the truth is you will never find your ideal. looking for someone with all the qualities you want just means that its going to be harder for you to except people, before jumping to conclusions. it will probably be harder to find someone if you think this way. not going to lie though even I do this. maybe we should all learn to be more open minded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending