Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently studying at MMU and I have realised that the course that I am doing is really not suitable for me. I am thinking about changing uni completely to do a music course at Leeds Met. I have not done music since GCSE but have been djing for 3 years and producing for a year. Will they consider me for a music production course this late.

    Kind of aimed at music students with this thread.

    Any help will be welcomed, panicking a little bit now.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You're best off contacting the admissions staff at Leeds Met directly and asking them. Worst thing they can say is no at which point you can ask them what qualifications they'd need you to have to be considered. If they say yes then you can start pulling together a formal UCAS application and talking to you MMU tutor about getting a reference and if you'd be eligible for any sort of qualification for the work you've done so far/for completing the year.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.