The Student Room Group

What mattered most.

Just wondering how people measured different universities against each other! Was it the reputation, the course content or just ideal location?
Reply 1
I wanted a university with a good reputation, a nice course etc. But what it really came down to for me was where I thought I'd be happiest. You're there for a significant part of the next three years, so make sure you have the best chance at enjoying it.
I ranked my choices against each other based on; (in no particular order)
- Whether the uni has the societies I want to join
- How prestigious *I* thought the uni's to be
- Scholarships and/or Bursaries
- % of students achieving 1st's and 2:1's

I ranked them 1 - 5, then added the totals up. The one with the highest amount was the best one for me to go to. As it had more of what I wanted.

As I'm studying Law, I took a look at lots of Law firms and took note of where the solicitors / barristers gained their degree's. I found most got degree's from higher uni's, which factored in to my decision too.
Reply 3
I based my original decision on the course first, the ranking of the uni, the social aspects and the housing.

Then I bodged my A-levels and went wherever would take me :colone:
Reply 4
I ranked mine in terms of prestige of the university and social aspects. I also looked at where postgraduates received their undergraduate degrees from to see what universities thought of that institution. I also benefited from two other siblings going to university beforehand who were well informed on the situation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending