The Student Room Group

When should I give my virginity away?

Hi, so don't worry it's not going to be one of those typical teenage girl threads, firstly because I'm a guy and I'm 19 :smile:

I've had 3 relationships, two one year relationships and another for three months. Each was great in their own merit and I have had the opportunity to give it away on numerous occasions.

However I am a Christian and I am really considering keeping it until marriage but I am unsure. I don't want to just give it away, and whilst my previous relationships were great I didn't feel like they were the right people to have sex with.

I've done pretty much everything I'd want to do besides sex and don't feel overly pressured.

However I'm wanting your opinion, what do you think I should do? I think I should wait until I find someone that I really grow to love, and not that teenage 'love' that is really just lust and new excitement.

Being a Christian I'm very much torn as to whether I should wait to marriage or until I find someone I love. Hopefully I'll marry the person that I come to truly love but hopefully you understand my predicament.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Hey there! I'm a girl and I'm a virgin myself, and I want my husband to be my first. I think that no one could predict when and where it's going to happen. Its very natural to have sex before marriage but you need to know if that's what you really want. I don't think you need advice, all you need is to ask yourself what you want and how you want it. I'm sure you'll make the best choice for yourself.

I'm not no expert but I do know how you feel. Hope I helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending