The Student Room Group

Is there an 'ideal' body shape?

I'm doing a small project for uni about media and social perceptions and would like some opinions!
-Both guys and girls are welcome to answer this- what, in your opininon, is the 'ideal' body size/shape for a woman? If you even believe in ideal.

Everything from tiny to tall, dress size 0 to 20+, i'm not here to judge your answers, just to gather opinions. If you don't believe in an 'ideal' size, please feel free to say so.

No crude or unnessecary answers please, this is not a thread for insulting anyone. And please no pictures, i don't personally feel that is appropriate. Just a description will do :smile:

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well for me I would love to be 5'5"-5'7", size 10 with an hourglass figure and big boobs - say a 34DD :smile:
If only dreams came true! :daydreaming:
Reply 2
Slender, size 8, very slight hourglass, 5ft 6.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
For women, a slim hourglass. Like Candice Swanepoel, but with slightly bigger breasts. So I will say size 6/8, 32D breasts, 5"9, good hip to waist ratio and long legs.
Reply 4
if I could choose for me:
5ft 5, size 8, wider hips, maybe a 36C/34D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
5ft 5/6, slim but not too skinny, size 8, long legs, wide hips, slight hour glass figure, fairly broad shoulders and a 34C
Reply 6
6ft2, rippling abs, large pecs... wait wut
Original post by AB25
I'm doing a small project for uni about media and social perceptions and would like some opinions!
-Both guys and girls are welcome to answer this- what, in your opininon, is the 'ideal' body size/shape for a woman? If you even believe in ideal.

Everything from tiny to tall, dress size 0 to 20+, i'm not here to judge your answers, just to gather opinions. If you don't believe in an 'ideal' size, please feel free to say so.

No crude or unnessecary answers please, this is not a thread for insulting anyone. And please no pictures, i don't personally feel that is appropriate. Just a description will do :smile:

Thanks

Size is a bit difficult because of things like tits and ass skweing it.
tumblr_m6itfmfAxO1ra2l99o1_1280.jpg

I know she's fictional but she has a perfect body.

That said there's no ideal, eveyrone likes different things.
Reply 8
5ft 6, size 8/10 hour glass. 32 C boobs.
Reply 9
hourglass, size 8-12, 5ft 6
There's obviously no ideal for everybody, but I'd say nearly everybody has an opinion about what they view as ideal. For me I'd say size 8 or 10 and 5'7 to 5'10.
Reply 11
Personally, I believe the "ideal size" is just an average desire of body shape. For example, nearly all of you ladies have opted for a slim hourglass figure. Personally, I'd rather be a rectangle shape (I'm an inverted triangle and could pass off as an NFL player). I know someone who has an hourglass figure, with huge breasts (they look like a C/D, but who knows), very large hips but a very slim waistline. In your eyes, that would be an ideal figure. But most of the boys find it quite a turn off. But there you go, opinions.
Reply 12
Interesting to see the amount of females that are choosing the hourglass figure. Not that i am every man, but i prefer a slightly slimmer, petit figure to that. Long legs and a perky bum would be deadly. And as for myself, i'm happy being 6'1!
Reply 13
5'6/7 size 10 nice waist to hip ratio and a decent set of boobs and a perky bum IMO.
If I could choose, 5 ft 8, size 8, slight hourglass, C-cup.

[Speaking as a 5 ft 4.5 size 10...]
This thread proves people have massive misconceptions about bra size :facepalm2:

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/naprawde-duze-biusty2.jpg
Actual D and DD cups.

nagie_biusty_male.jpg
G and GG cups, rom 28 to 38 band. 28 is 60, 30 is 65 and etc.
Reply 16
^ Not sure what your point is tbh. I know how big the bra size I suggested is.
Original post by Ham22

Not your post. There's loads of posts saying "big boobs like a DD" or "size 8 and 36C" which means people don't really know about how bras work. I meant no offence to anyone with smaller boobies or anything if that's what you're thinking.
Original post by Ham22

yeah I know what size I suggested too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Faberry
Personally, I believe the "ideal size" is just an average desire of body shape. For example, nearly all of you ladies have opted for a slim hourglass figure. Personally, I'd rather be a rectangle shape (I'm an inverted triangle and could pass off as an NFL player). I know someone who has an hourglass figure, with huge breasts (they look like a C/D, but who knows), very large hips but a very slim waistline. In your eyes, that would be an ideal figure. But most of the boys find it quite a turn off. But there you go, opinions.

Are you sure you're not living in a parallel universe?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest