The Student Room Group

why do people dislike someone who is quiet?

Just wondering? They don't want to be friends with them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They probably see them as boring but I cant stand people who don't stop talking!
Reply 2
I prefer quite people to loud people with loud people your constantly bombarded by words

To quote mark Twain

It is better to be quite and have people think you are a fool. Than to be loud and have the thought confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile
With people who are too quiet I don't have much to talk about and talking too loud are annoying, guess you need a good balance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
People will assume they have something to hide :rolleyes:
Reply 5
The mouth is a dangerous weapon. Generally like quieter people more...most people who keep talking talk at least 25% rubbish, even the smartest ones. It makes them look idiotic imo.
I don't know. It's sad. I'm quiet and I've had many disapproving looks thrown my way. :frown: (although they might be more to do with my looks than my quietness :erm:)
Reply 7
hell ...to the .... no... lol.

the queit ones are the most shady people. queit queit is a more dangerous weapon i think.

queit people are boring anyways. i like loud people. they're more fun. :smile: thats my answer

i have queit friends.... they're akward. :smile:
sometimes quiet people are socially awkward, uninteresting. sometimes people think you're rude or judgemental or snobby if you don't say much. or won't be any fun. not always true but often
Original post by jody02
hell ...to the .... no... lol.

the queit ones are the most shady people. queit queit is a more dangerous weapon i think.

queit people are boring anyways. i like loud people. they're more fun. :smile: thats my answer

i have queit friends.... they're akward. :smile:

*quiet
*that's
*awkward

Learn to spell please.:hand:
Reply 10
Original post by Maid Marian
*quiet
*that's
*awkward

i'm typing on my phone. its not an essay you know. i can type however i want.
Reply 11
*quiet
*that's
*awkward

i think someone is a little offended cause they're a quiet. lol!
*quiet
*that's
*awkward

I knew somebody would make this error and another user would correct them :lulz:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Olympiad
I knew somebody would make this error and another user would correct them :lulz:

i know. some people are just so stupid, coming online to correct other people's spelling. no one cares. lol.
I like quiet people but sometimes they can be a bit boring... Although, I often find the quiet people are really nice and don't tend to gossip.
I am a very out going person, most of the time.
I find it very uncomfortable when someone is quiet as I feel that I have to modify my behaviour inorder to make that person feel comfortable.

This in turn makes me want to avoid quiet people as I cant deal with my personality being restrained. Never the less they always seem to cling to me!!!

Any advice on how to politely avoid quiet people???

If you are a quiet person please dont take offence to this????
Reply 16
Most loud people have nothing useful to say...its usually swearing, laughing about something on tv/priivate joke(thats exagerated to be funny)...this coming from someone who used to be really loud amongst a group of mates...most people die out of this dumb loudness after theyre about 20, some people carry on...
Reply 17
it depends because they might just be quiet around a particular group of people if they dont feel comfortable around them then with others they get along with they might be really interesting funny people and if you look at it that way the people there quiet around they probably have nothing in common with thats why they dont really 'like' each other lol
Reply 18
I'm definitely more quiet than I am loud, but it isn't a case of either/or. I think it's more important to use common sense and know when you should speak than blurt out any rubbish. But that said, it's good to make an effort with people and talk back.
It seems to be the consensus on this tread that people who are loud are unintelligent individuals who talk out of turn and have nothing of real relevance to say.

I beg to differ!
Although I am a confident person I would not say I am loud or brash or speak out of turn.
Yes there are some individuals who speak out of turn but please don’t assume that someone who is loud or has more confidence then you (assuming 'you' are a quiet person) has nothing of value to say. Especially if you don't want people to judge you for being a quiet individual.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending