The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Imo, a plus sized model should be sized 18+. She's just normal.
I wouldn't say she looks an unhealthy weight at all.

She has a curvaceous figure and perhaps a little extra on her tummy, but I wouldn't class her as 'over weight'.

I think her figure looks amazing here. :coma:

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah but I still would
Reply 5
nope.
Yes.

Aside from clearly being in the wrong bra size, she looks good
Personally I think she looks amazing.
Reply 9
Would bang, but she could lose a stone or two tbh.
I think she is overweight by BMI standards, you'd be surprised at what is deemed overweight. I'm not saying that shes not beautiful, but i do think she is overweight and could lose a little for the benefit of her health.

being overweight is not the same as being obese, people are probably more overweight than they think.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
She could stand to lose a few pounds on the belly to be honest.

Her face is stunning though.

Also, I don't care what negs I get, I never want to see a size 18+ person modelling a swimsuit. Just like I don't want to see a guy with man tits and a beer belly modelling speedos.
Reply 12
Original post by Steevee
She could stand to lose a few pounds on the belly to be honest.

Her face is stunning though.

Also, I don't care what negs I get, I never want to see a size 18+ person modelling a swimsuit. Just like I don't want to see a guy with man tits and a beer belly modelling speedos.

i see exactly where you're coming from. you mean someone who fits society's general standard of beauty. The comparison however was fairly flawed.

She's not really ugly, but least it's a change from what we normally get anyways
Reply 13
She's not overweight. Curvy or chubby - maybe.

I definitely would, but losing a few pounds on the belly would do wonders for her. She'd go from a 6.5/10 to an easy 7.5 or 8/10.

Otherwise, she's got a beautiful face and a beautiful figure.
Reply 14

thing is wih these plus sized models they all have skinny arms and cover their tubby bits up with clothing if she had size 12 arms i bet they wouldnt have hired her!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I'd say shes curvy, still looks good though!

Lovely face
Reply 16
Could do with losing a stone or two.

There's no excuse to be that size, she wasn't born like it, it's not 'just her shape', it's not genetic. She's just got fat from eating too much, just lazy and a poor diet most probably.
Reply 17
She's not slim, but shes not fat either. Quite pretty if you ask me.
I think she's beautiful and I'm glad that the modelling world is [finally] getting more varied. She looks incredible in that bikini and the fact that she's not a size 6 doesn't make me want to buy that swimming costume any less. In fact, it shows anyone who's the same size as her that they can look damned hot in a bikini.

Original post by Rybee
Could do with losing a stone or two.

There's no excuse to be that size, she wasn't born like it, it's not 'just her shape', it's not genetic. She's just got fat from eating too much, just lazy and a poor diet most probably.

I think she stands up against this exact kind of thinking. Why should you need an "excuse" to be that size? She stands for the fact that you can be any bloody weight you like and no one has any God given right to judge you on that.

Don't assume that someone who weighs heavier than the next person has a bad diet either. Take the classic comparison of Nigella Lawson with Gillian McKeith, for example.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
I think a major reason why she doesn't look overweight is because she has a well-defined face (i.e. no double-chin) and very good facial structure.

Quick Reply

Latest