The Student Room Group

What is the ulterior motive behind interracial relationships?

Do non-whites have the same motivation to contract such relationships as their partners who happen to be white?
It's probably the same motive with any other relationship tbh, you just find the other person attractive & want to share parts of your life with them :h:
From China but grow up in the UK.

I find white girls more attractive - about 86% of girls I hooked-up with were white. :colondollar: I find Asian girls to be less attractive, there was a few times I hooked-up with them - but didn't really enjoy the stereotypical possessive personality that followed :colondollar: My culture and lifestyle is close to an Brit, which in the long run has more bearing on relationship outcome than race. I don't really care for skin colors. Parents would kill me if I marry a black person / Indian- well I don't talk to them now so that's not an issue - they'll just have to find out at the wedding.

I guess the preference of white girl is that they're the norm. Imagine a lonely, young boy from China, sent to a British public school without a word of English - at times my race aspect did come to haunt, and it did sting sometimes. My upbringing was pretty strict (read: Tiger mum), sheltered: e.g. spare-time spent in music lessons; my family was not rich, but they worked very hard to send me to the best school they could afford; even though we could only afford a house on the outskirt, they didn't complain that we all had travelling 3-4 hours to the city each day, might seem selfish - but I ended up not having many friendships in early teen outside school. I certainly wouldn't want for my kid - marrying a white girl who attracted to, who's more free spirited - would seem appealing in the sense it compensates for something I never had, in teen years, something that I might want my kid one day to have. I don't really believe the argument that we date different race, to boosting offspring gene diverse, etc though - that's like saying our purpose in life is to propagate DNA - where as we're in fact all individuals with different desires, value, and drives - which are sometimes reflected in our choice / selection of partner.

I choose mine. Have you? :tongue:
Reply 3
The "ulterior motive" is wanting to spend time (possibly even fun sexeh time) with a person you get on with and find attractive.

tah-dah
ethnic cleansing :colonhash:
All depends on where you grew up tbh

As a black person naturally I am a minority in Britain however the area I grew up in was predominantly Black and Asian so I find black men, Mixed and Asian men more appealing than white men simply because of my environment which has played part in my preferences.

Then my black friends that have grown up in areas where there are predominantly white people naturally have grown to prefer white men and women because that's what they are used to.

However, you get black people that grow up around other black people but because of their bad experiences with other black men or women they generalise each other and decide to actively seek white men and women as they believe they'll make better lovers.

Then you get some black people and asian people that believe having lighter skin is more desirable so they seek white partners so that they can have lighter off-spring (messed up... I know)

Then you have some that simply think white people are sexy as hell without having a real motive behind their preference. They just like white men/women.

I've only dated one white guy and tbh he had more of a motive than I did. He was curious about dating black women as he had never had the opportunity to where as I just thought he was decent regardless of his skin colour however I wasn't physically attracted to him I must admit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending