The Student Room Group

Do girls prefer taller guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by mathperson
Damn as a guy I'm sick of seeing such threads. Just get to know a girl, if she likes you then she likes you if not then sorry - She isn't going to ask you to fill in a CV where you have to put your heigh, eye colour, etc.

Relax.

The perfect response... and i'm a girl.
Original post by scapepower
This thread is esoteric as hell. It feels like we've all been given UKCAT scores out of pot luck.

have you been given those 'word a day' post-it-notes?
Reply 102
This thread is esoteric as hell. It feels like we've all been given UKCAT scores out of pot luck.

where does UKCAT come into this did I miss something thought I wouldn't have to think about it again after doing well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
Why, hello there :sexface:

Although I'm 5'11, I don't supposed I'm too tall for you?

:laugh: no, you're not haha
Reply 104
Wow love, aint asking for much are you?

lol I am actually not asking for anything except to pass exams at the moment.
I come from a family with a lot of tall men and my friends all seem to be 6' I am not used to eye level conversations with guys it weirds me out a bit (illogical I know but true) and hey whats wrong with having a thing for taller men. People have things for blondes brunettes skinny people intelligent people funny people pretty people well dressed people rich people shall I continue or end with I prefer taller men and the thread is called Do girls prefer taller guys? I am a girl and say personally yes I do but I don't dislike shorter guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
:banana:

I am dutch too :smile: hoi
Original post by Black Cat
I am dutch too :smile: hoi

Woooo, Nederlanders!
Reply 107
Original post by Zürich
Woooo, Nederlanders!

Er zijn verrassend veel Nederlanders op TSR.

On topic: Personally I prefer it if a guy is taller than me. It feels weird to look down.
Original post by Hasumi-Yamanaka
Yeah you guys are getting so cut up about this height thing. How do you think we feel when you say you want a girl with big ass, big tits, green/blue eyes and long perfect hair..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to agree with this.
There's a hell lot of pressure on girls to be size 8,small feet,really petite,dainty,long hair,clear skin,big arse, big tits I mean it's just not all achievable and it doesn't reflect women across our society and we say we prefer guys who are taller and all the males are coming down on us like a ton of bricks when you set all these expectations on us?

Having said that, I do prefer guys who are taller than myself and I'm 5"4.
:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
I like being 6,4.
The thing is, taller men aren't stronger lol. Men can you aware these women on strength? Go for guys who lift iron. Taller men are more flimsy. Mike Tyson was 5"10 and could knock out most.

The cue is that taller men give a certain physical presence. The actual physical strength is not why women prefer it. It's just a biological attraction cue. You can say in the same sense that a woman having long, shiny hair or a nice ass doesn't mean she will automatically give healthy children over someone who doesn't, but men will still go for these things because they're wired to respond to it. Explaining to them that "it doesn't matter" won't make a difference in their choices.
Attraction is rarely rational, for neither men nor women.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hasumi-Yamanaka
Yeah you guys are getting so cut up about this height thing. How do you think we feel when you say you want a girl with big ass, big tits, green/blue eyes and long perfect hair..

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're assuming though that all/most boys have that criteria, which definitely isn't the case.

IMO, I'm not fussed at all about a girl having a big ass, big tits.... so long as she is decent looking. We gents are happy to have a girl that we can talk to, cuddle, hug and kiss together.

The key factor in this debate is that girls, hook or by crook have a strict criteria about height in a man. Gents on the other hand see it as an added bonus to girls having a big ass and big breasts. Why do you even feel there is pressure on you to have a big ass / breasts. I just don't get that point of yours. It's more down to being brainwashed by the media into thinking having the perfect body is the only way forward (which isn't the case at all).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Smushy
Er zijn verrassend veel Nederlanders op TSR.

On topic: Personally I prefer it if a guy is taller than me. It feels weird to look down.

natuurlijk! Vlamingen ook waarschijnlijk :smile:

Talk about stereotypes, all the dutchies on the thread about tall people :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
I just want someone who's taller than me, and I'm 5'0 :colondollar:
Reply 114
Original post by James A
You're assuming though that all/most boys have that criteria, which definitely isn't the case.

IMO, I'm not fussed at all about a girl having a big ass, big tits.... so long as she is decent looking. We gents are happy to have a girl that we talk to, cuddle, hug and kiss together.

The key factor in this debate is that girls, hook or by crook have a strict criteria about height in a man. Gents on the other hand see it as an added bonus to girls having a big ass and big breasts. Why do you even feel there is pressure on you to have a big ass / breasts. I just don't get that point of yours. It's more down to being brainwashed by the media into thinking having the perfect body is the only way forward (which isn't the case at all).

Not always I have a friend who really likes shorter guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jadpan
Not always I have a friend who really likes shorter guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's just your friend.

The vast majority of girls on here will go for a taller person.

Period.
Original post by Millie228
The cue is that taller men give a certain physical presence. The actual physical strength is not why women prefer it. It's just a biological attraction cue. You can say in the same sense that a woman having long, shiny hair or a nice ass doesn't mean she will automatically give healthy children over someone who doesn't, but men will still go for these things because they're wired to respond to it. Explaining to them that "it doesn't matter" won't make a difference in their choices.
Attraction is rarely rational, for neither men nor women.

You keep using the word shiny ass and long hair. I am assuming you're indirectly trying to gloat about your assets?

+ A mans strength does matter, but i'm just telling you a fact that it's more about bone structure/muscles than height. In-fact, height can even be a disadvantage.

I see your point though. So where do we separate rationality?
Original post by James A

This is a very important point.

I have genuinely never heard a guy complain about small breasts being a dealbreaker. As you say, they're a bonus. But obviously for girls, short height in a guy could very easily be a dealbreaker.
Original post by James A
Well that's just your friend.

The vast majority of girls on here will go for a taller person.

Period.

Lol, so you're a tall guy eh manmore? Mad you don't lift brah?

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
This is a very important point.

I have genuinely never heard a guy complain about small breasts being a dealbreaker. As you say, they're a bonus. But obviously for girls, short height in a guy could very easily be a dealbreaker.

Want to know the tragedy? A woman can easily fix small breasts, but a guy can't get taller unless he uses painful crippling year-out surgery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending