The Student Room Group

Impossible to get into lse/ucl with resits?

I'm just thinking has anybody resat after two years of a levels and got into lse/ ucl? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, mate of mine got into LSE as he did retake a year. Also got an offer from Cambridge.
Reply 2
Original post by Wick3d
Yes, mate of mine got into LSE as he did retake a year. Also got an offer from Cambridge.

Hi! Do you know if he put down the grades he got and if they knew he did retakes? Also, did he explain that there were some bad circumstances?

I am doing a third year at college retaking some exams and applying for Law at UCL. I am so scared.
Original post by Annemn
Hi! Do you know if he put down the grades he got and if they knew he did retakes? Also, did he explain that there were some bad circumstances?

I am doing a third year at college retaking some exams and applying for Law at UCL. I am so scared.

Sorry mate I haven't a clue. Never really asked.
Original post by Annemn

You need to put down that you are doing retakes. If you lie and are discovered, it would be considered fraud and your offer could be withdrawn.

If you have extenuating circumstances, get your referee to explain them. This may cause the university to be more lenient.

At the end of the day, you may or may not get an offer from UCL. It is probably still worth applying if it is one risky choice with four safer ones.
Reply 5
I emailed someone at UCL.

the response was that doing the a/s year twice is fine. But doing the a2 year twice isnt. They also dislike students doing an a2 and then starting a/s.

However I know a girl who did bad in her a2 year sat the year again and got an offer from UCL for chemical engineering. She didn't explain anything on her personal statement why she retook. And her teachers didn't mention it. Thats what she told me anyway.
Reply 6
Original post by goonermk
I emailed someone at UCL.

the response was that doing the a/s year twice is fine. But doing the a2 year twice isnt. They also dislike students doing an a2 and then starting a/s.

However I know a girl who did bad in her a2 year sat the year again and got an offer from UCL for chemical engineering. She didn't explain anything on her personal statement why she retook. And her teachers didn't mention it. Thats what she told me anyway.

Thank you for your response. But because I moved colleges I must declare the grades I got. All my exams are actually AS retakes but I don't think they will ask about it.
Did she ever mention what she got first or did she move colleges? This will explain why. I am also applying for law so... meh. But I am determined! If I have taken an extra year I might as well give it a go ~
Reply 7
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You need to put down that you are doing retakes. If you lie and are discovered, it would be considered fraud and your offer could be withdrawn.

If you have extenuating circumstances, get your referee to explain them. This may cause the university to be more lenient.

At the end of the day, you may or may not get an offer from UCL. It is probably still worth applying if it is one risky choice with four safer ones.

I think all of my choices are risky haha. I am not too worried since I don't mind taking another year out to gain some experiences, travel and work. Thank you for your reply
I have had the same question in my mind as well , it is nice to know that even top -tier UK universities such as UCL and LSE allow people to resit their AS. I really want to apply for BA Geography at LSE.
Reply 9
Original post by Annemn
Thank you for your response. But because I moved colleges I must declare the grades I got. All my exams are actually AS retakes but I don't think they will ask about it.
Did she ever mention what she got first or did she move colleges? This will explain why. I am also applying for law so... meh. But I am determined! If I have taken an extra year I might as well give it a go ~

She didn't move colleges. She failed the A2 (missed offers not sure if fail I guess) year and did it again.

Just ask your UCAS referee (probably your tutor, whoever writes the reference) to make a brief mention that you joined the college fresh.
Reply 10
Original post by goonermk
She didn't move colleges. She failed the A2 (missed offers not sure if fail I guess) year and did it again.

Just ask your UCAS referee (probably your tutor, whoever writes the reference) to make a brief mention that you joined the college fresh.

Fresh? You mean to state that I am starting from the beginning? I think I still have to put down what I got in the previous college though. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated ~
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending