The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help Question Thread 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hi, How are you ?
Hello guys, I

I have paid for my application and it is sent to school, but I want to add an extra half line in my PS, but when I logged on, it is not letting me change it, so how do I do I do it? Thanks guys, +rep for helpful posts!

Ask your school to send it back to you and you will than be able to edit it.
Hello guys, I

I have paid for my application and it is sent to school, but I want to add an extra half line in my PS, but when I logged on, it is not letting me change it, so how do I do I do it? Thanks guys, +rep for helpful posts!

Ask your referee to send your application back to you, you don't have to pay again.
Original post by SamEastie
spaces between paragraphs are THAT important? I know it looks better and is easier to read, but sacrificing content for spaces?
4 lines is ALOT of characters to remove...

Read my profile to see why, including a demonstration of the effect of not having them. You need to make the admissions tutor's job of reading your PS easy, not eyesight-threatening.
Original post by Good bloke
Ask your school to send it back to you and you will than be able to edit it.

Original post by Yishen Wang
Ask your referee to send your application back to you, you don't have to pay again.

Thanks guys. Am I able to do it in school though?
Thanks guys. Am I able to do it in school though?

Well, that depends on your schools internet access facilities, doesn't it? We can't know about that.
Read my profile to see why, including a demonstration of the effect of not having them. You need to make the admissions tutor's job of reading your PS easy, not eyesight-threatening.

so you don't recommend even leaving half a line at the end of the previous paragraph, and starting on the line below for the next paragraph?
so you don't recommend even leaving half a line at the end of the previous paragraph, and starting on the line below for the next paragraph?

That still isn't easy to follow
Well, that depends on your schools internet access facilities, doesn't it? We can't know about that.

I don't understand what you mean?

No.

I don't understand what you mean?

You can't log on to the UCAS system if your school doesn't allow it or have the facilities to do it.

In reality, this will be very hard to do and you'll probably use some odd phrasing to force your statement to force it to fit this pattern.
I'm applying for biochemical engineering and I've done some reading around the sciences in general, e.g. reading books about the elements, and reading magazine articles etc. However, I haven't done any further reading specifically about chemical engineering (I've obviously researched the course and content but I haven't read a book on the content or anything) Will this not look any good, or as a lot of the chemeng books I've come across are more revision type books for the undergraduate student, will my further reading be fine for my PS?
No.

You can't log on to the UCAS system if your school doesn't allow it or have the facilities to do it.

But I am able to log onto the UCAS system at school.
Original post by fadytousa
Ok, my application is ready, the only thing last is your review, please give me an advice, should I wait for your response or not? (I wanted to ask you because I am an international school so I don't have so much experience in these statements)

It's extremely unlikely that we'll have time to look at redrafts, the only way we would have time to help you a second time would be to not help someone else at all :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I am able to log onto the UCAS system at school.

Then you will be able to edit it at school.
Reply 594
if i want to apply for more than ONE course, should i talk about both of them or be general ??
Original post by imthe12
if i want to apply for more than ONE course, should i talk about both of them or be general ??

What courses?
Original post by Sunny_Icefall
I'm applying for biochemical engineering and I've done some reading around the sciences in general, e.g. reading books about the elements, and reading magazine articles etc. However, I haven't done any further reading specifically about chemical engineering (I've obviously researched the course and content but I haven't read a book on the content or anything) Will this not look any good, or as a lot of the chemeng books I've come across are more revision type books for the undergraduate student, will my further reading be fine for my PS?

You need to reflect on your reading, not just explain what you've read. Can you link these books to chemical engineering at all?

Assuming you're not applying to Oxbridge, you've still got time to read some more articles. Perhaps you could ask for some recomendations in the engineering forum?
Original post by imthe12

Are the courses very closely linked? If they aren't, it's very unlikely you'll be able to dicuss them both properly in a PS. You'll also risk getting rejections because tutors will think you aren't commited to the course. It's best to decide exactly what subject you want to study before writing your PS.
Reply 598
Original post by Potally_Tissed
It's extremely unlikely that we'll have time to look at redrafts, the only way we would have time to help you a second time would be to not help someone else at all :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So should I send it now?
Original post by fadytousa
So should I send it now?

If you're only waiting for us to look at it a second time then don't wait, as we almost certainly won't have time :nope:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending