The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Gonna buy a bike after my CBT and join the club.
I am looking at Chinese brands in particular lexmoto aspire 125cc? there is one on autotrader with 1,000 miles for £850

Are they really as bad as everyone says and does anyone have this bike?
Thanks

IMO they look pretty good (may have poor taste :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone recommend me good starter bikes?
CBR 125 , YZF125 ? These seem a bit pricey tho
Original post by thuvcasio
Gonna buy a bike after my CBT and join the club.
I am looking at Chinese brands in particular lexmoto aspire 125cc? there is one on autotrader with 1,000 miles for £850

Are they really as bad as everyone says and does anyone have this bike?
Thanks

IMO they look pretty good (may have poor taste :smile:

They are as bad as people say, it's generally that they lack quality control and parts can be hard to get.
You'll be better off on a used jap bike

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Can someone recommend me good starter bikes?
CBR 125 , YZF125 ? These seem a bit pricey tho

Depends what you want
Sr125, YZF125, cg125, cbf 125, gn125, basically any jap 125.

If your after a sports bike then the old cbr 125 should be much cheaper
Decided to just get a 125 just now as need it for commuting. Just went and bought all my gear!

Undecided on what bike to get. Would like something like a CBR125. CBF125s I've just heard numerous bad stories about. I've actually heard good things about the more recent Lexmoto bikes like the Adrenaline.

Is the quality of a brand new chinese bike going to worse than a used Jap back for the same price? Just seems like russian roulette to me.
Reply 3344
I made my bike even more beautiful :proud:

_20160923_180203.jpg
Attachment not found
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Decided to just get a 125 just now as need it for commuting. Just went and bought all my gear!

Undecided on what bike to get. Would like something like a CBR125. CBF125s I've just heard numerous bad stories about. I've actually heard good things about the more recent Lexmoto bikes like the Adrenaline.

Is the quality of a brand new chinese bike going to worse than a used Jap back for the same price? Just seems like russian roulette to me.

Get a used Jap bike. I picked up a 7 year old CBR125R as my first bike in 2011 and it didn't miss a beat. Those Chinese ones look good but they're made of massively sub-par materials and will be worth nowt when you come to sell it on. The japs keep their value well. I sold mine 2 years and 5000miles later for £50 more than I had paid.

Good first 125 bikes which I've used/friends have had are Honda CBR 125 (CBF is very similar but no rear disk), Yamaha YBR 125 (brother picked a 2000mile 3 year old one up for £1200 a couple of years ago) and Suzuki Marauder/Intruder - a mates had one for 5 years and it's still doing alright even at 45k miles and 12 years old! Look carefully, don't buy one from a douchebag in trackies, get it serviced, take someone experienced with you, and don't buy the first one you see that 'looks good'. Always wear protective gear (you're one step ahead there obviously). Gloves are vital - ever seen someone's bare hand being put down as they fall off? It's not nice!

A bike is only as good as the rider and a knackered bike failing at speed can kill you so make sure you get something that's been looked after!

If you want to keep it for a while you can get brilliant monthly payment deals on 125s...

Posted from TSR Mobile

My CBR. Had a CBF but that got written off when a car decided to u-turn and break my foot in the process. I'll be doing my A2 next month and then I'm looking to get a 2005+ SV650S.

Been riding since February 2015.
Original post by J.Ryder

My CBR. Had a CBF but that got written off when a car decided to u-turn and break my foot in the process. I'll be doing my A2 next month and then I'm looking to get a 2005+ SV650S.

Been riding since February 2015.

I've seen that bike bafore :holmes:
Original post by shaymarriott
I picked up a 7 year old CBR125R as my first bike in 2011 and it didn't miss a beat.

That's adorable. My first bike was a GSX-R 1000. Didn't miss a beat either, but you gotta go Italian if you appreciate the finer things in life.
Original post by Boristhethird
I've seen that bike bafore :holmes:

This exact one? :K:
Original post by J.Ryder
This exact one? :K:

That exact one
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
That's adorable. My first bike was a GSX-R 1000. Didn't miss a beat either, but you gotta go Italian if you appreciate the finer things in life.

It was adorable. Having a CBT really allows you to choose from the cuter end of the biking spectrum. Have an MT07 now and considering a GSX-R 750 as a second bike. Not sure I quite need a litre bikes power. Italian wise I wouldn't say no to Moto Guzzi V7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That exact one

Where exactly? <_<
Original post by J.Ryder
Where exactly? <_<

Loomies was the first time I think
Loomies was the first time I think

Interesting... Was that in July by any chance?
Original post by J.Ryder
Interesting... Was that in July by any chance?

July sounds about right
July sounds about right

Silly Sausage Fest?
Original post by J.Ryder
Silly Sausage Fest?

I think so
I think so

Interesting... How'd you find the picture above?
Original post by J.Ryder
Interesting... How'd you find the picture above?

Your Facebook :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending