The Student Room Group

Withdrawing my application via UCAS.

Hi,

I have applied for Brighton this September. After looking fully into the financial side and taking into consideration that it wouldn't be simple enough for me to transfer my job and therefore would have to give it up AND only just discovering that I need to pay an upfront deposit for £500 next month for accommodation (which I currently don't have, alongside any savings what-so-ever) - it doesn't look possible for me to go to university this year.

It is most definitely something I want and need to do for myself, but financially I can't this year. So it seems more beneficial that I get clear on what is what and save until next September, and then do it.

My question:
If I withdraw my application via UCAS, can I reapply for 2014 as soon as applications are being taken for Brighton again? Or will they look at the fact I had applied before and not even consider me again?

The whole process through college had been such a rush that i've had limited oppertunity to look into anything and now entering the final leg before going, I'm only just realizing what problems I'll run into and quickly if I ignore the financial side this year.

Thanks for any information,
I think your best bet would be to call them in the morning and ask them. Every place is different. They might let you defer until next year.
As Coffeetime said, call them. They are likely to let you defer, but you need to do this before results day as otherwise they will struggle to fill your place, and so they are less likely to say 'yes'.

However, you should discuss your reasons for deferring with them, as they may be able to sort something out with regards to the deposit (I presume this is for uni owned accommodation?). You should also check this out to see if there is any financial help that is relevant to you http://www.brighton.ac.uk/studentlife/money/bursaries-and-financial-support/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending