The Student Room Group

Why are there no UCAS points for Access to HE Diplomas?

Effectively the above question, but I will expand:

It has come to my attention that increasingly graduate schemes are filtering out candidates based on UCAS points achieved before university. I am also aware that to date UCAS does not award points for any Access to HE Diploma.

With this in mind, can I ask why you are disadvantaging Access to HE Diploma students who are just as deserving as any other candidate?

I am aware that there have been discussions in awarding UCAS points for the Access Diploma but I wish to ask when you will decide, publish and recognise the Access to HE Diploma in your UCAS Tariff tables?

Access to HE is the "the third recognised route to higher education" according to Government White Paper 'Higher Education: Meeting the Challenge' published in 1987 so it beggars belief why there are still no UCAS points awarded for the qualification despite the fact that over 20,000 students apply to universities with an Access Diploma every year.

Therefore please can you explain to me the delay in awarding UCAS points for the Access to HE Diploma and when we can expect this to happen?

Thank you for your time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending