The Student Room Group

I Need help Declining My Offer?

I was told that after 5pm I could decline my changed course offer in UCAS in favour of my clearing offer which I have negotiated on the phone but I don't see how to do this anywhere?

Does anybody know how I can do this through Track, has it not been updated yet?
Original post by Saucy Carrot
I was told that after 5pm I could decline my changed course offer in UCAS in favour of my clearing offer which I have negotiated on the phone but I don't see how to do this anywhere?

Does anybody know how I can do this through Track, has it not been updated yet?

You can only reply to your UCC offer if you have a decision from both your firm and your insurance. Do you have a final decision from both? If not, call up your insurance (presumably) and ask them to reject you so you can go into clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by F1 fanatic
You can only reply to your UCC offer if you have a decision from both your firm and your insurance. Do you have a final decision from both? If not, call up your insurance (presumably) and ask them to reject you so you can go into clearing.

Oh my God you raise a good point. In all the commotion I didn't even realise that my insurance hadn't made a decision. I just thought it remained 'Conditional' until my firm releases me. Right tomorrow morning I'm going to ask my insurance to release me as we'll then. Coincidently my insurance course is the same as my clearing course as well, only at different universities.

Right, thanks for your help.
Reply 3
Hey im in exactly the same situation, give me a quick pm :smile:
Original post by Saucy Carrot
Oh my God you raise a good point. In all the commotion I didn't even realise that my insurance hadn't made a decision. I just thought it remained 'Conditional' until my firm releases me. Right tomorrow morning I'm going to ask my insurance to release me as we'll then. Coincidently my insurance course is the same as my clearing course as well, only at different universities.

Right, thanks for your help.

That is assuming that you don't want to hang about for your insurance to make a decision? You'd prefer the clearing option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending