The Student Room Group

URGENT - desperately in need of some advice

Hi I'm desperately in need of some advice.
I am applying for consideration for extenuating circumstances for student finance.

I originally attended a BA Hons degree in social science 2010. I left the first year due to mental health issues. I then redid the first year in 2011 but left short of my sitting my final first year exams due to having my daughter. I left when daughter was 3 months old as, I was finding it extremely difficult to cope as I was suffering postnatal depression and my other mental health conditions which where not diagnosed then but my depression was being treated for by the doctor.

Over two years later I have had my mental health issues diagnosed and I am coping well and holding down a job which I love. So I am applying for student finance to undertake a foundation degree in educational support lasting two years. I am a support worker for The City of Bristol College. This foundation degree is an opportunity for me to be able to progress in my career.

So in summery I have had 2 years student finance for a BA Hons degree. I'm applying for 2 years finance to do a foundation degree and possibly a 3rd top up year to make it a full hons degree.

The course starts in 3 weeks time and Ive been told it can take 4weeks at least till i get a decision from student finance. I was wondering if you can shed some light on this situation for me as I'm at a loss with what do and if ill receive the finance for at least the foundation degree. I dont want to do the first few weeks of the degree only to realise i wont get the funding.

Thank you Nikki Pop
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
After reading some responses on other peoples questions am I right in thinking I would get the 2 years funding for the foundation degree without applying for compelling personal circumstsnces. ? And I'd only have to apply for the extenuating circumstances to do the 3rd topup year which is s separate degree.

Just received another update.
Appently I received a terms finance in loans and grants but not tution fees.
So technally had 3yrs finance. So us there My chance ill get my 2yrs foundation degree funded if a doctor confirms my compelling personal reasons for leaving both years?
Thanks again Nikki
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

Your evidence would need show reasons as to why academic years were not completed.

Thanks
Reply 3
If I got a doctor's note stating why I did not complete both years is there any reason why students finance wouldn't accept it? Thanks x
Hi again,

The letter from your doctor would have to be on headed paper and confirm any diagnosis and that this was the reason you had to leave the course. It would also have to indicate all Academic Years that were affected by this illness.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending