The Student Room Group

Girls: what do you wear on nights out? And high heels vs flats?

I tend to wear dollies, but these soak through when it rains or from all the alcohol on the floor (in most mancunion clubs) so Im wondering if sneakers are ok, or do they not let you in?

edit: I've worn black vans almost everytime for a whole year - never once been refused entry but i thought perhaps its because they are black? would i be able to wear white ones, or would these just get way too ruined.. i'll definitely be wearing flats (almost everyone in manchester does) but i dont want to wear flimsy shoes that soak through :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sneakers are not ok for clubs. Never seen any women in sneakers in a club. I never understand flat shoes, they seem so uncomfortable. Hardly any protection from the elements and not much foot support.
Depends entirely on the place.

If you mean a night out as in clubbing, then either jeans, a blazer and a smart top, or a dress.

I always wear high heels, but I keep my dollies in my bag to change into once my feet start to hurt. :nooo:

Sneakers just aren't the sort of thing for clubs.

They'd probably let you in because there's rarely a dress code for women, but you won't feel very dressed up in sneakers, they're too casual.
(edited 10 years ago)
This is the thing I love about Manchester because you can wear trainers out on a night out! It's very common not wearing heels! Wouldn't worry! Just double check you aren't going somewhere very dressy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If I'm going out clubbing - often a dress and heels with flats in my bag. Depends on the club though. If it's more student-ish then I'll just wear my DMs. If I'm just going to a pub then wear more casual clothes, but a nice pair of sneakers.
Reply 5
What footwear is appropriate for a foam party? I'd probably snap my ankle if i wore heels :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by GLOB
What footwear is appropriate for a foam party? I'd probably snap my ankle if i wore heels :tongue:

Wellies? :tongue: Or some sturdy boots/trainers.
Reply 7
As others have said it does often depend on the club. Before I went to uni and lived in Belfast, my friends and I would always wear heels. However, I'm now at uni in Leeds and I usually see more people out in flats than heels. I usually wear pumps or ankle boots with a small heel but I know a lot of people who wear vans etc and have never had any trouble with entry :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by eliza.anne
Wellies? :tongue: Or some sturdy boots/trainers.

Ahh thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by RelaxeDBo
Well women should be wearing flats as there is a less chance that men will see them as vulnerable

Considering this those in heels are more likely to be raped as they are less able to flee the situation and look more fertile to men in them :frown:

But that is just one segment of the possibilities, the upper body will play a role

A a lot more I can assure you, it is not funny your wellbeing could be in danger, after BBC is injected there is no help for youu :frown:

What's BBC? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RelaxeDBo
after BBC is injected there is no help for youu :frown:

The way you said it makes it sound like a drug, yet BBC also stands for something I guess could be 'injected' into you :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by Vikki1805
Depends entirely on the place.

If you mean a night out as in clubbing, then either jeans, a blazer and a smart top, or a dress.

I always wear high heels, but I keep my dollies in my bag to change into once my feet start to hurt. :nooo:

Sneakers just aren't the sort of thing for clubs.

They'd probably let you in because there's rarely a dress code for women, but you won't feel very dressed up in sneakers, they're too casual.

Doesn't anyone ever offer you a foot massage once your feet start to hurt? :frown:
Heels would kill me! Flats all the way.
Original post by Zhy
Doesn't anyone ever offer you a foot massage once your feet start to hurt? :frown:

Nightclub foot masseur? Your dream job :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by paradoxicalme
Nightclub foot masseur? Your dream job :wink:

Indeed. :wink:
Original post by Zhy

No :frown:

They should.
Reply 16
Original post by Vikki1805
No :frown:

They should.

That's terrible. I really wish women's feet were respected more -- the door to a woman's heart is through her feet.
I usually wear a pair of flats. They do get soaked if it rains but at least its only your foot getting wet and not socks and inside of trainers. I wouldn't recommend trainers, the amount of blazers and fresh white converses and so on that I've seen ruined from clubbing is pretty sad lol.

edit: Why did i get negged?
(edited 10 years ago)
I always wear heels and plan on doing so at Uni but i do take this little black fold up flats with me in my bag ALWAYS on a night out so when your ready to leave you can just carry your heels and put your little flats on to save you having to walk home in agony. It depends on where you are going on whether sneakers would be ok. Im going to Manchester so i doubt sneakers would be a problem in some places but i do prefer heels to give me some height...and dresses, longish skirts and little tops is usually what i wear
Reply 19
I always hear heels no lesser then 6inches. I usually wear a fitted mini dress, or a top that covers my chest and booty shorts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending