The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mankytoes
But what if they're attracted to both elements simultaneously? Which I believe most are, otherwise why would they be specifically going for ladyboys?

If they're perceiving them to be ladyboys, then they don't fit into a currently defined orientation.
Reply 41
Why does it matter?
Reply 42
Original post by The Angry Stoic
What's with all these labels man? Transformers, Decepticons, Gays, Straight? Chill out man.

*Autobots and Decepticons. :colondollar:
I don't think it matters lol, so long as they're all happy etc.
That being said, I think they're straight. I mean they're dating transwomen....not people who identify as guys?
That being said, I don't think it's that simple and sexuality varies etc.
Reply 44
Original post by shadowdweller
A person's gender is what matters, not their sex. If they identify as female, they're female.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why do they call it sexuality? I call bull****.

Biological sex is male for ladyboys. The guys are gay. But sexuality is a fluid thing, but as far as I'm concerned their sex is male and two males together is gay. If we're talking about trans you may have a point(I'd still say biological sex is most important) but we're not.

Essentially you're saying right now that I can have sex with a guy, say I'm a woman despite having a beard and a penis and say I'm not gay.
The one thing that confuses me about Trans is that how do they know that they are a woman in a mans body or vice versa? How can one contemplate what it's like to be the other sex? Does that mean there are strict guidelines at what makes a woman, and what makes a man (and how each think) and so generalisations can be made about both genders. Are there people who identify themselves as being of a different race? Is this taken just as seriously?

Without knowing that, I probably can't answer the OP properly but I would say yes that would be gay.
Reply 46
Original post by Nerol
Why does it matter?

OP was intrigued and wanted to do a discussion. He's within his rights to do that. He's not offending anyone here in saying that and it's an interesting debate. That's why.
Reply 47
I don't really feel the need to label it either way... They do what they do. If no one gets hurt, there's no problem.

The facts are the facts. They are two men, one which has gone through physical changes to appear to be a woman, who have sex and relationships together. On the face of it it's gay, but I'd probably say it's more like efficient bisexuality.
Original post by jam277
Then why do they call it sexuality? I call bull****.

Biological sex is male for ladyboys. The guys are gay. But sexuality is a fluid thing, but as far as I'm concerned their sex is male and two males together is gay. If we're talking about trans you may have a point(I'd still say biological sex is most important) but we're not.

Essentially you're saying right now that I can have sex with a guy, say I'm a woman despite having a beard and a penis and say I'm not gay.

Because it's sexual attraction? :rolleyes:

It's not two males together, that's the point.

No, I'm saying if you identify as a woman you wouldn't be gay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Im straight, but I would. If they look feminine enough that I wouldn't think its a man (e.g. hairy legs, huge muscles etc...) then yeah. Even if there are genitals, I wouldn't mind at all. Infact, if anything, i'm into it.
Also, following my previous anon post, watch this video if you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-A8GvUehq4

It explains how straight men like transsexuals because they look like women. I myself dont find men attractive at all sexually, but MTF transsexuals i see them the same as women.
I wouldn't date one. Not to sound horrible, but the pre-ops have penises obviously. I can't see myself having sex with something that has a penis. Sorry, but if I see a (supposed) woman and I'm about to sleep with her and as she undresses, I discover a penis , I will totally freak out. I'm generally a calm person but I wouldn't know what to do/how to react.

Saying that, there's nothing gay at being attracted to transsexuals as long as you like their feminine aspects. However, if a guy actively seeks for sexual pleasures with transsexuals, he's not 100% straight and is at least a closet bisexual.
Reply 52
Original post by Nerol
Why does it matter?

I was watching the show and I asked my sister the same question. We couldn't come to a conclusion and so I thought I'd ask people on the Student room. I was just curious, I mean no harm with this question and if I have offended you I apologise.
Reply 53
Original post by anonymouspie227

That being said, I don't think it's that simple and sexuality varies etc.

you're right its not that simple and that probably explains why I became a bit confused. and its not the big of a deal, I just wanted to see what other people said. I find the show interesting, it's a good show.

I think sexuality is based on gender, not biological sex.

I disagree. I think sexuality is based on biological sex, not gender.
Original post by snowyowl
I disagree. I think sexuality is based on biological sex, not gender.

In what sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that you are attracted to sex, not gender.
Original post by snowyowl
I believe that you are attracted to sex, not gender.

Interesting. I guess maybe it depends on the individual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To me its gay
Reply 59
Interesting. I guess maybe it depends on the individual?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. If you find a "woman" who is blatantly a man then it'd make sense to call you gay.

Latest

Trending

Trending