The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruffiio
:mute: :rofl:

I was texting a mate until I was drunk enough to interact with actual humans :tongue:
Original post by spiral87
I was texting a mate until I was drunk enough to interact with actual humans :tongue:

Good technique. Getting ****ered and letting the booze talk for you :biggrin:
Reply 8062
Last night went well. I stood alone for three hours, then I was drunk enough for things to start coming together. I've made a few new friends, met more girls and I'm normally quite socially awkward :smile:

Hate to be the voice of reality but you shouldn't rely on booze to be the bridge for your social anxiety (believe me i know i have anxiety issues)
Original post by sarcasmrules
Good technique. Getting ****ered and letting the booze talk for you :biggrin:

I still have a clear mind when I'm drunk, it just removes the part where I give a f*ck :tongue:

Original post by Tomsta
Hate to be the voice of reality but you shouldn't rely on booze to be the bridge for your social anxiety (believe me i know i have anxiety issues)

I suffered from some form or another of social anxiety since I was in secondary school. Bullying, what a wonderful experience.

My real problem is I spend too much time on the computer and working with old people instead of interacting with people my own age. It really does weaken your social muscles. I'm socially retarded because I never get any practice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8064
I still have a clear mind when I'm drunk, it just removes the part where I give a f*ck :tongue:

I suffered from some form or another of social anxiety since I was in secondary school. Bullying, what a wonderful experience.

My problem real problem is I spend too much time on the computer and working with old people instead of interacting with people my own age. It really does weaken your social muscles. I'm socially retarded because I never get any practice.

Preaching to the choir dude, my advice, find something you enjoy and converse with people there, for me that's Salsa dancing and Music Societies
Original post by Tomsta
Preaching to the choir dude, my advice, find something you enjoy and converse with people there, for me that's Salsa dancing and Music Societies

I worked abroad for charity for six weeks last year, lived among people my age and became a normal person. I go out to rock gigs on my own all the time and try to make friends there. UCAS are currently awaiting my application for Uni. I'm doing things!
Reply 8066
I worked abroad for charity for six weeks last year, lived among people my age and became a normal person. I go out to rock gigs on my own all the time and try to make friends there. UCAS are currently awaiting my application for Uni. I'm doing things!

Never said you were't just saying from someone who's been there, booze isn't a good way to perm bridge social anxiety yes it's good for a bit of dutch courage but you shouldn't rely on it
Original post by Tomsta
Never said you were't just saying from someone who's been there, booze isn't a good way to perm bridge social anxiety yes it's good for a bit of dutch courage but you shouldn't rely on it

No, I need to change my lifestyle to permanently bridge that gap, hence Uni.
I can't do anything different until then, so it'll be getting drunk and going out and getting more drunk, it's netted me a dozen friends, several girls and a night in someone else's bed in the last six weeks and three of those I was at home recouping from surgery. Rock n' roll.
Original post by Tomsta
You don't know that for sure, many people can make LD work

I know but it just wouldn't work right now, we both have too much going on this year
Reply 8069
No, I need to change my lifestyle to permanently bridge that gap, hence Uni.
I can't do anything different until then, so it'll be getting drunk and going out and getting more drunk, it's netted me a dozen friends, several girls and a night in someone else's bed in the last six weeks and three of those I was at home recouping from surgery. Rock n' roll.

See i get jealous of people doing ONS however i know i couldn't do a ONS for close personal reasons
Hope you guys are having a better evening than I am haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itssimplyme

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jack22031994
What's wrong? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just feel pretty low for various reasons, emotions are flying all over the place, ugh.

Thank you for asking lovely :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8073

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huggles :hugs:

What's up? I'll try and cheer you up :tongue:
Original post by IDukem
Huggles :hugs:

What's up? I'll try and cheer you up :tongue:

N'awww thank you :smile:

mmm, guys are what's up! You're all just so confusing. And a couple friendship issues, but when I'm alone I tend to overthink everything and get all worked up and upset :colondollar:

N'awww, I like a good joke :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just feel pretty low for various reasons, emotions are flying all over the place, ugh.

Thank you for asking lovely :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok - I think I know the feeling but hope you feel better soon :smile:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jack22031994
Oh ok - I think I know the feeling but hope you feel better soon :smile:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you Jack! N'awwww love a good cuddle, much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Jack! N'awwww love a good cuddle, much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! - Anytime :smile:

I can't remember the last time I hugged/cuddled a girl (and my best friend is a girl)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8078
N'awww thank you :smile:

mmm, guys are what's up! You're all just so confusing. And a couple friendship issues, but when I'm alone I tend to overthink everything and get all worked up and upset :colondollar:

N'awww, I like a good joke :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile:

Maaaaaaate not every guy is as amazing as I am and let's be honest, women's logic is the single most complicated shenanigans a man will ever face :wink: I get that too though and I can understand. I over think waaaaaay too much and you know what I do? I whack on some music and let my thoughts disappear and it works most of the time :yep:

Damn! Does it have to be a joke? :lol: I'm not that funny. How about the cheesiest glam metal video of all time?

[video="youtube;0RGQSBGaJS8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RGQSBGaJS8[/video]

2:47 onwards is pretty cheesefest (as is the whole song mind) and there's a cancuking mermaid in there!! :eek:
Original post by Tomsta
See i get jealous of people doing ONS however i know i couldn't do a ONS for close personal reasons

Because of an experience related to one? I don't know you from adam so it's fine if you want to say, but also fine if you don't.

ONS's are fun and exciting. I would have had one last week had we a place to go, she was the one asking me! Sometimes you build up the tension with a girl and you just want to release it, and it feels amazing. A relief. Neither of you are doing anything you don't want to do. It's a disposable kind of love, it has no repercussions like falling in love does.

And don't get jealous, because I'm 26 and I'd never so much as touched lips with another girl before November this year.

You okay? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest