I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sphodromantis
What do you think to this mushroom?

It's certainly very determined, growing there :tongue:
Original post by incipientT
It's certainly very determined, growing there :tongue:

Haha lulz, :biggrin:
I made it... Its either called 'this is acid.jpg' or 'life prevails'.
Haha lulz, :biggrin:
I made it... Its either called 'this is acid.jpg' or 'life prevails'.

:biggrin:

Where did you get the mushroom, or did you make that too?
:biggrin:

Where did you get the mushroom, or did you make that too?

Nah lol, I made all of it in blender, the mushroom was modelled from a real one when I went centre parcs. :tongue:
Original post by Tomsta
I'm sure you will, you're probably just having a bad day for driving, we all have them, to show how much i improved i took a mock test a week before my test and got 16 minors and 1 major, the day of my test i passed with only 8 minors

Original post by Jack22031994
I feel the same :frown:
I even have it now retake my theory again as it has run out :frown:

I haven't even taken my test once yet, it's in Feb, but she said I might have to put it back and I come out of every lesson practically crying because I don't feel like i'll ever pass!
Nah lol, I made all of it in blender, the mushroom was modelled from a real one when I went centre parcs. :tongue:

I don't know enough about graphics stuff to know what that means :tongue:
Reply 8466
Original post by lauraaaaa
I haven't even taken my test once yet, it's in Feb, but she said I might have to put it back and I come out of every lesson practically crying because I don't feel like i'll ever pass!

Talk to your instructor about it, if you feel it's that bad, talk to him/her and explain that you don't think you can pass

Are you a perfectionist by any chance?
Evening dudes/dudettes!
I don't know enough about graphics stuff to know what that means :tongue:

Haha lol. It was 3D modelled in 3D modelling software's lol. I took inspiration from a real mushroom. :-D
Haha lol. It was 3D modelled in 3D modelling software's lol. I took inspiration from a real mushroom. :-D

Right :biggrin: How long did it take to do?
Right :biggrin: How long did it take to do?

About 20 minutes to get the general shapes and scene, and then about 1 hour teaking the lights and textures. :smile: you can see the vid here. http://vimeo.com/82491541
About 20 minutes to get the general shapes and scene, and then about 1 hour teaking the lights and textures. :smile: you can see the vid here. http://vimeo.com/82491541

That's pretty neat, I'd have thought it would have taken longer :smile:
Reply 8472

I had no idea it was CGI it looked so real, congratz mate
Original post by Tomsta
Talk to your instructor about it, if you feel it's that bad, talk to him/her and explain that you don't think you can pass

Are you a perfectionist by any chance?

I know I can do it, and I have about six lessons left beforehand (christ that's not many), but I'm 99.9% sure I wouldn't pass how I currently am. I'm not that bad at driving, just need to learn to think about what the gradient's like before I do things...
Yeah I am, I just get really frustrated and upset every lesson cos I don't ever feel like I'm getting any better!
That's pretty neat, I'd have thought it would have taken longer :smile:

Haha thanks! Its pretty basic shapes though, it took ages to render the final image though. And to render the footage for vid, took about 9 hours.
Original post by Tomsta
I had no idea it was CGI it looked so real, congratz mate

Yeh dude, I fooled my tutor at college and he demanded a video of it, cheers!! :biggrin:
Haha thanks! Its pretty basic shapes though, it took ages to render the final image though. And to render the footage for vid, took about 9 hours.

That was processing time, I take it?
Reply 8477
I know I can do it, and I have about six lessons left beforehand (christ that's not many), but I'm 99.9% sure I wouldn't pass how I currently am. I'm not that bad at driving, just need to learn to think about what the gradient's like before I do things...
Yeah I am, I just get really frustrated and upset every lesson cos I don't ever feel like I'm getting any better!

Ok being a perfectonist isn't easy (trust me i know) what you have to uderstand is that although you may think that perfection is the only way, come to the realisation of the truth, no-one is perfect at driving when they first start, yes you have some ones who are naturally talented but they all have things which let them down,

Focus on things which you can control, you will never achieve perfection (no-one is perfect) so just learn to relax and not see things in black or white, you may think that anything short of perfection is wrong and you've failed, but also remember this if we as a race could do things prefectly first time, then there would be no education system, not music teachers, no jobs

EVERYONE makes mistakes, it's all part of the learning expierance
That was processing time, I take it?

Yep correct!

I've failed 3 tests :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest