The Student Room Group

Would I get these offers?! Be honest

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Folion
I don't know why people get negged for an opinion either. The OP certainly hasn't been rude anywhere on this thread that I can see. Sure a lot of people don't necessarily agree with their tactic and are recommending caution but I'm sure the OP is fine with that.

Sure I've been a bit nosy and devil's advocate in places but that's cos basically I'm all fuzzy and parental and would hate to see OP disappointed or unprepared. Looks like they've got a plan though.

I'm still curious as to whether OP has picked some options on the basis of high offer grades or has looked closely at course content of some other institutions that seem to be just as highly regarded but aren't asking A*.

Well, Cambridge/Imperial/Bristol are ranked very high for engineering and have been over the years so thats why I chose them. UCL is an internationally acknowledged university and is in London thats why I chose them. I'm thinking about changing Bath to Birmingham as I've been there, it was a decent, and the offer is slightly lower.
Reply 21
To be honest, if the engineering course is accredited you can't go too far wrong at the university. It's perfectly within your right to aim for the top universities and retry if you're unsuccessful, but in reality going to a slightly 'worse' university, provided the course is accredited, isn't going to put you in any worse a situation if you don't go down the academic route post engineering degree.
Reply 22
i reckon you'd get a couple of offers but you should definitely apply to one that you'd be happy to put as your insurance regardless. one mark is the difference between an A and a B and if your exams don't go as predicted you could end up in a much worse uni through clearing because you were too ambitious. i spent all year stressing about my offers all being AAA. it worked out in the end; i got the grades and i'm at uni now, but not having a realistic insurance was incredibly worrying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending