The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did you guys mention curricular activities? Or just stick to answering the Qs they have listed??
Reply 21
Where have you guys read about the word limits for the personal statements? I couldn't find it anywhere on the website so now I'm freaking out that my PS is too long :frown:
Reply 22
The word limit is stated on the application form, just above the field where you put your cover letter.

The website says:
'UCL sends acknowledgement of receipt of your application by email, all other official correspondence regarding applications is sent by post or air-mail if the candidate is situated overseas. Please note the decision letter cannot be communicated by e-mail.'

Does this mean we can only find out about the offer by mail? Or do they email you telling you there has been an update on your application which you can consult online?
Reply 23
Original post by GreenMagus
The word limit is stated on the application form, just above the field where you put your cover letter.

The website says:
'UCL sends acknowledgement of receipt of your application by email, all other official correspondence regarding applications is sent by post or air-mail if the candidate is situated overseas. Please note the decision letter cannot be communicated by e-mail.'

Does this mean we can only find out about the offer by mail? Or do they email you telling you there has been an update on your application which you can consult online?

I didn't get any correspondence about the offer, it just appeared on online on Portico.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by lexisisis
I didn't get any correspondence about the offer, it just appeared on online on Portico.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I guess I will have to check a lot then... Just out of curiosity, how long did they take to make you an offer? I sent in my application 7 weeks ago, so accounting for the holidays, they should get back to me soon...
Reply 25

The website says:

It only states on the application form that the limit is 3000 characters if you wish to enter it in the box there. It then goes on to say "If you wish to enter a text longer than that, please upload it below", and does not specify any limit on characters there. That's why I am confused.
Reply 26
Thanks! I guess I will have to check a lot then... Just out of curiosity, how long did they take to make you an offer? I sent in my application 7 weeks ago, so accounting for the holidays, they should get back to me soon...

Surprisingly quickly, I got a reply within the week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally found a thread on this, which is good to know... was beginning to think no one else was applying yet! My referees just sent off the references so it's just the waiting game now!! I've applied for MSc Neuroscience
Reply 28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you at least get like an email or not even that? :-O
Reply 29
Original post by BeritV
Did you at least get like an email or not even that? :-O

Nothing, the status of the application updated online. There is an offer letter attached within the system, but didn't receive any actual letters or emails

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sakshi612
I have applied for Msc organisational psychology ! :biggrin:

Hey! When did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? And have you got an offer form them as yet?
Reply 31
Nothing, the status of the application updated online. There is an offer letter attached within the system, but didn't receive any actual letters or emails

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess this is going to cause me to obsessively check the portal every single minute. And I thought that part of my life was over when I was applying for undergrad :biggrin:
Reply 32
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here - also got an offer within a week. It was a bit of a shock seeing it at first when I logged in, because there hadn't been any prior notification, and it had only been a week since my application had been completed haha. A good kind of shock though! :smile:

Do you think you'll be going to UCL, then?
Reply 33
Original post by wizardry
Same here - also got an offer within a week. It was a bit of a shock seeing it at first when I logged in, because there hadn't been any prior notification, and it had only been a week since my application had been completed haha. A good kind of shock though! :smile:

Out of interest - what subject did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by wizardry

Not sure yet, still waiting for Oxbridge and LSE. But if UCL's the only one that gives me an offer I'd gladly go
I think i'll be withdrawing from UCL. I still have no reply (application complete 5th November), and I've just got an offer for my dream course at another UoL uni.
Reply 36
Original post by sakshi612
I have applied for Msc organisational psychology ! :biggrin:

Hey did you receive an answer yet? I applied for the same program.
Original post by flywithemma
hi! I'm probably going to be applying to UCL for the MA in Museum Studies :smile:

What does that even mean?
Original post by lozzyhickers
I think i'll be withdrawing from UCL. I still have no reply (application complete 5th November), and I've just got an offer for my dream course at another UoL uni.

What is your dream course?
Reply 39
I've applied to the MSc in Applied Paediatric Neuropsychology, i am quite nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending