The Student Room Group

How can I improve my appearance?

Okay, so I know I am not over-the-top attractive, but before going to university next year I do want to look the best I possibly can, and judging by socialnoob's thread, there are a lot of people willing to help. I have uploaded several photos with and without glasses to give you an idea of how I look.

I am looking for help particularly on what kind of glasses would suit me the most (if any) and what kind of hairstyle I should go for, but obviously advise on any other area will also be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I just got my gym membership, so I have that covered :P
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You need to work on your insecurities and self confidence first before you even start lifting weights pal.
The problem is you look different in each picture??
Yeah, hit the gym, bulk up a bit. Lose the beard/moustache. Be confident in yourself, guys who lack confidence are never attractive...that being said, don't get cocky or egotistical, that's ****ing annoying.
Reply 4
Original post by LiamMcMorrow
The problem is you look different in each picture??

Yes, to give an idea of how different hairstyles look on me... If it confuses you then just go off of the first pic, I think that's when I look at my best.

Original post by Peaches & Cream
Yeah, hit the gym, bulk up a bit. Lose the beard/moustache. Be confident in yourself, guys who lack confidence are never attractive...that being said, don't get cocky or egotistical, that's ****ing annoying.

Yeah, losing the facial hair are at the top of my list.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AliNSiddiqui
Okay, so I know that I am not that attractive, but before going to university next year I do want to look the best I possibly can, and judging by socialnoob's thread, there are a lot of people willing to help. I have uploaded several photos with and without glasses to give you an idea of how I look.

Don't do the middle parting, it makes you look like a freshy.
Be clean shaven.
Try a side parting instead, if you do decide to comb it.

Also yeah defo eat more food to bulk up them arms, or wear clothes that make you look less skinny, as in slim fit.

Aside from that, looks wise you seem standard, so nothing to worry about there.

Ps before you even get into uni, you need them grades :wink: So get off tsr and revise :lol:
Yh lose the hair.....I think the bottom pictures the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Blueray2

Ps before you even get into uni, you need them grades :wink: So get off tsr and revise :lol:

Haha, I am too excited for Uni that I can't seem to get off of the "University Life" section on TSR... xD
Nice sitting room :colone:
Reply 9
Go for the bald look.
Reply 10
http://www.gll-getalife.com/category/get-style/page/2/

Shop smart as well as hard. Shop online. Price hunt. If you see something you like in a shop, go home, go on ebay and buy something similar etc.

Most of the time everything I have on (aside from my watch) comes to <£100. But I don't wear generic polos etc.

You do not have the gym covered yet. Make sure you read up on nutrition and training properly. Most of us (incl me at the start) didn't and didn't get anywhere for ages. Now, well it's more a case of me being a lazy **** than not knowing what to do :rolleyes:
Aw, but you already look lovely!

tbh I like the beard, keep it!

But I'm biased... I'm pro-beard and pro-long hair. My bf has longer hair than I do. :biggrin: It depends on what sort of person you want to attract I suppose.
Reply 12
Original post by Ranibizumab
Aw, but you already look lovely!

tbh I like the beard, keep it!

But I'm biased... I'm pro-beard and pro-long hair. My bf has longer hair than I do. :biggrin: It depends on what sort of person you want to attract I suppose.

Any girl would do :P

On a more serious note, everyone in my class has said that I should get rid of the beard... So this is a breath of fresh air! :rolleyes:

Original post by tooosh

You do not have the gym covered yet. Make sure you read up on nutrition and training properly. Most of us (incl me at the start) didn't and didn't get anywhere for ages. Now, well it's more a case of me being a lazy **** than not knowing what to do :rolleyes:

Actually, I do have it covered :P I have lurked on bodybuilder.com forums for a long time, and read a lot of threads. I am looking to start All Pro's beginner routine and have installed MyFitnessPal to ensure I get all the nutrition I need. I have also read the latest edition of Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength book to ensure my form is correct. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

On a more serious note, everyone in my class has said that I should get rid of the beard... So this is a breath of fresh air! :rolleyes:

Noooo!

Well I'll be the first to admit I have slightly unusual taste. Beards for the win.

Anyway, good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 14

Actually, I do have it covered :P I have lurked on bodybuilder.com forums for a long time, and read a lot of threads. I am looking to start All Pro's beginner routine and have installed MyFitnessPal to ensure I get all the nutrition I need. I have also read the latest edition of Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength book to ensure my form is correct. :smile:

I'm impressed. Good luck.
Reply 15
Original post by Ranibizumab
Noooo!

Well I'll be the first to admit I have slightly unusual taste. Beards for the win.

Anyway, good luck! :biggrin:

If we're going to go into the unusual taste department then I am pretty sure that I beat you as I am not attracted to boobs and butts, much more interested in face **holds flame shield**

Original post by tooosh
I'm impressed. Good luck.

I am flattered. Thanks :biggrin:
Okay, so I know I am not over-the-top attractive, but before going to university next year I do want to look the best I possibly can, and judging by socialnoob's thread, there are a lot of people willing to help. I have uploaded several photos with and without glasses to give you an idea of how I look.

I am looking for help particularly on what kind of glasses would suit me the most (if any) and what kind of hairstyle I should go for, but obviously advise on any other area will also be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the 1st picture

1) Improve your posture - you're arching your back a bit.
2) I would trim the beard and side burns (slightly cleaner look) - up to you though!
3) Try not to wear baggy clothes - they make you look skinnier (you can see it in the 2nd pic)
Your suit also looks a bit too large for you but I can't really tell from the angle.
Try and buy clothes that fit you to size.
4) The hair in the 1st pic is good - you have a square shaped face, so look up some hairstyles for that, or ask your hairdresser.
5) Smile :smile: (it helps)
6) Try and keep up with fashion trends and styles (GQ magazine or AskMen)
7) High-protein and healthy carbs -for gaining mass.

8) Probably the hardest one - Stick to a workout routine. Don't give up halfway!

That's all that I can think of now..
I think very short hair would look good on you, just look at what it did for Jay Sean:
young-jay-sean.jpgarts-graphics-2004_1155078a.jpg
JaySean-3110.jpgjay+sean.jpg
So I think shaving your head would be quite a good look.
I think getting a bit bulky would also help, and (possibly) trimming you're eyebrows a bit/waxing them, a lot of men do it but just don't admit to it. And buying student-y high street clothes also. Hope I helped, and you look nice already :smile:
Reply 18
gym.
If you're wearing glasses all the time, maybe get some thicker frames. Or contacts if you'd prefer not to wear them.

Get your hair cut a bit shorter, ditch the middle parting and start pushing the fringe over to one side.

Get rid of the beard and tash but keep the sideburns, they're badass :cool:

I guess you could get a little bulkier but I can't really talk in that department... :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending