The Student Room Group

Communication skills

I want to improve my communication skills. I get good grades but can’t come effectively. I want to get better so when I appear for my interview at univ I can create a good impression. Do you recommend any course.
Reply 1
Original post by MaaSaraswati
I want to improve my communication skills. I get good grades but can’t come effectively. I want to get better so when I appear for my interview at univ I can create a good impression. Do you recommend any course.

I would reccomend the book, how to win friends and influence people by dale carneige. Cheaper and better then any course. Also just get out and talk to people, work in retail for a month. Will fast track your social skiklls faster then any course and make you more confident and relaxed
@MaaSaraswati

The best way to improve your communication skills is to talk to people, get to know new people, and to ask questions.

When you do ask questions, listen to answers well (rather than just thinking about what you want to say after they have finished speaking), try not to interrupt people when they they are speaking, show that you are listening to them by referring back to something they have said and be positive with your body language (look like your listening to them and that you are interested in what they have to say).

Try and find people you can practise doing an interview with e.g. a family member or a friend. They will then be able to give you feedback on how you come across in an interview.

You can also practise on your own by talking in front of a mirror or by recording your answers.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
Which Unis are you applying to and for what subject?
Most Universities don't interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending