The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are you guys planning to do after degree? Investment banking, CA etc...?
Original post by Doppelgänger
They also say you'd be foolish to turn down LSE/City life and I can't help but agree aha. Sweet! The reason why it's 4 years is to fit in the work placements at PwC, so it's worth considering. Btw do you even want to be an Accountant and what subjects you study atm?

Unless you are very sure why you would not choose LSE, it may come back to haunt you later.
hi guys! if anyone knows, does the course of Accounting and finance at The University of Glasgow cover any mathematical modules? (like calculus, differentiation, linear equations, matrices, algebra etc).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by walkers38
What are you guys planning to do after degree? Investment banking, CA etc...?

Hey answer it i wanna know too i dont have any idea:biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think its possible to change my course to the one with a year abroad? I have got offer for BSc A&F (3 years course), but I want to change it to A&F with one year abroad (4 year course), do you think my uni will allow that? Its basically the same course...
hello guys! if anyone knows does the course of accounting and finance at the university of Glasgow cover any mathematical modules? (algebra, calculus, differentiation, integration, matrices, linear equations etc).
Original post by yiannisk
hello guys! if anyone knows does the course of accounting and finance at the university of Glasgow cover any mathematical modules? (algebra, calculus, differentiation, integration, matrices, linear equations etc).

Check on the module list for the course on the website?
Original post by RSmith1007
Check on the module list for the course on the website?

it doesn't say anything specifically. But as far as I am concerned other universities(i.e. Edinburgh university), cover some mathematical modules.
Original post by yiannisk
it doesn't say anything specifically. But as far as I am concerned other universities(i.e. Edinburgh university), cover some mathematical modules.

may be better than to write directly to uni department if you are not getting any answers here
Has anyone done Accounting at Alevel? What exam board? I want to buy a alevel accounting book and have some information prior to starting uni.
Has anyone done Accounting at Alevel? What exam board? I want to buy a alevel accounting book and have some information prior to starting uni.

I did do Edexcel Accounting. However, we rarely ever studied from any books it was more from past papers and the teacher explaining us the concepts.
Regardless the rankings of Glasgow university which are pretty good, what is your opinion of the business school as a whole? And if I can be more precise what is your opinion of the accounting and finance department? Is it of equal quality of universities like Bristol Nottingham Leeds Durham Lancaster Southampton?
I know I could have done better but due to family issues. I only managed to achieve all passes in my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. I have applied to university for Accounting and finance undergraduate degree (firm choice: London South Bank and insurance choice University of westminster). University of Westminster have already declined me yesterday but London South Bank is still on waiting.

Do you think there is any chance of me getting on to a accounting and finance degree course with just passes (even through clearing)? I have 1 As level english language and literature with grade E as well.

Thanks :smile:I know I could have done better but due to family issues. I only managed to achieve all passes in my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. I have applied to university for Accounting and finance undergraduate degree (firm choice: London South Bank and insurance choice University of westminster). University of Westminster have already declined me yesterday but London South Bank is still on waiting.

Do you think there is any chance of me getting on to a accounting and finance degree course with just passes (even through clearing)? I have 1 As level english language and literature with grade E as well.

Reply 113
Original post by WheezyT
The city is nice but It's not a campus uni, I kinda wanted a campus uni and it seemed a bit out of the way for me. The course I think from what I remember A&F was pretty maths based. I just didn't get a good vibe from there, like I couldn't imagine myself living there,so much so I left straight after the talk for home!

I applied to Bath and insured Loughborough, whether I get the grades is another question but they both have the Sandwich course option which I thought for finance is vital!

I am doing an MSc but also in Accounting and Finance (and Management) and I originally felt the same way about the city , however the modules in Bristol seem so much more interesting and there are more choices, plus when I got my offer from Bath they were sooooo arogant and in general they make you feel like they really don't need you (which I guess is true since they have enough applicants).
So in the end I decided on Bristol because of the modules (I can always visit the beautiful Bath on the weekends).

I took AQA Accounting, Business Studies, Geography, with Economics at AS level. I would recommend getting the AQA textbook for accounting as it is good at explaining the basics and has practice questions too.
chances of Warwick A&F being available through adjustment? It was in UCAS extra, so i im not sure if that means anything
A&F at Leicester! a bit worried because i dont know anything about my major :0
Original post by jack97
Just got my AS Results, AAAB. The B In economics
Maths, Chem, Bio, Economics.

Im going to probably drop Bioligy, so will bring over AAB to A2.

Are my grades good enough for LSE or Warwick ?

You need to get high predicted grades, and awesome personal statement, then why not.
Got AAA. Bristol here I come !! :biggrin:
**** UCAS, I'm not eligible for adjustment for such a stupid reason so I can't apply for Warwick, good luck anyone applying there though, can't believe it's actually available...

Latest

Trending

Trending