The Student Room Group

Choosing my A LEVELS [s]confused[/s]

I am currently in year 11 and have to choose my a levels because i am applying for a different school's sixth form.
In terms of future careers I want to either be a pediatrician or a dietitian so i want to keep my a level options open.
I did some research and found that both courses (medicine and food and nutrition) required science and maths so i am thinking of doing these subjects for A2:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

Which of these subjects would be most useful at AS for both medicine and dietetics:
Philosophy
Psychology
Food and nutrition

Thank you for all your help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by luminite28
I am currently in year 11 and have to choose my a levels because i am applying for a different school's sixth form.
In terms of future careers I want to either be a pediatrician or a dietitian so i want to keep my a level options open.
I did some research and found that both courses (medicine and food and nutrition) required science and maths so i am thinking of doing these subjects for A2:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

Which of these subjects would be most useful at AS for both medicine and dietetics:
Philosophy
Psychology
Food and nutrition

If possible take further Maths as an additional AS.
Reply 2
Original post by luminite28
Biology
Chemistry
Maths

Philosophy
Psychology
Food and nutrition

i would say food and nutrition, but it won't be as respected as psychology :/ so psychology would be a much safer option to keep medicine open :h:
Reply 3
I have just applied for dietetics, none of the univeristies require a fourth AS level, however you obviously need one for medicine.. Biology, chemistry and maths all require a lot of commitment especially if you are aiming for the highest grades, for medicine I would personally take Philosophy as this is more highly regarded than food and nutrition, but doesn't require a huge amount of work. Also, have you considered being a paediatric dietitian?
Reply 4
Philosophy or Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending