The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chilledice
There was a hoo-haa a little while ago about how motorcyclists were sending off their licences for renewal and they'd come back without the motorcycle entitlement! MCN covered it a little while back, apparently some poor sod's have lost jobs over it!

When questioned, the DSA just said "well, it's not on our records, so obviously you haven't passed your test, you have to do it (again)!"

oh yes, i remember that, i was told that i should keep my pass certificate so i can prove that i passed.
Boristhethird
why wouldn't they be:confused:

It wasn't just in MCN, its something thats been happaening over the years. The bike entitlement goes when you gain a car and unless you have proof of your orignal certificate (which i don't) they refuse to accept you have previously passed.

I just thought the way my year was going sods law would say it would happen to me and i'd be stuck without out the bike

edit: Too slow
Why does the government hate motorcyclists so much?
Because it's the government and they hate anything that involves fun...
Reply 4724
I have to admit, there are times when I get back from a ride that I think to myself: "This is so much fun how come they haven't made it illegal?"
The way I ride sometimes it is illegal :cool:
Jez RR
I have to admit, there are times when I get back from a ride that I think to myself: "This is so much fun how come they haven't made it illegal?"

well they seem to be trying to do that in france...
Texan88
The way I ride sometimes it is illegal :cool:

This. :yes:

I mean...:p:

Mini rant Stupid road workers retarmacing the road but leaving it as some gravelly ******* that means i literally have to ride at about 15mph on this 3 mile stretch of road that you can normally do about 80/90 on... Makes my journey to work about 5 minutes longer everyday..

That's 10 minutes a day, 50 minutes a week, so by the end of the summer i'll have wasted almost a day of my life because the council are too lazy to repair roads properly, and the worst part is, this bit of road was absolutely fine to begin with, the **** bit that's covered in potholes is still there:angry::angry::angry::angry:

GRRRR
Reply 4728
MHorman
This. :yes:

I mean...:p:

Mini rant Stupid road workers retarmacing the road but leaving it as some gravelly ******* that means i literally have to ride at about 15mph on this 3 mile stretch of road that you can normally do about 80/90 on... Makes my journey to work about 5 minutes longer everyday..

That's 10 minutes a day, 50 minutes a week, so by the end of the summer i'll have wasted almost a day of my life because the council are too lazy to repair roads properly, and the worst part is, this bit of road was absolutely fine to begin with, the **** bit that's covered in potholes is still there:angry::angry::angry::angry:

GRRRR

They will sweep it up after a week or so. But one they've done near me is worse than it was before, the middle bit has a HUGE sort of M shaped bump right along it and crossing that at speed is no fun. You dont really have a clue where the wheels are going to go until its too late to change your mind. Also, I hate the cheap road surfaces because when it breaks up - and it will do - then the top 3mm come off (ie the new stuff) but the old stuff stays ok and you get a really rough surface.

However, when they do they job properly and take 4 or 5cm off and then put new tarmac down you get some really sexy surfaces.... :cool:
Riderz
They will sweep it up after a week or so.

However, when they do they job properly and take 4 or 5cm off and then put new tarmac down you get some really sexy surfaces.... :cool:

I hope they sweep it up, this other place near me they didn't sweep up and it's alright now after~12 months of cars going over it but it was terrible at the beginning...

Also, there's a one mile section of nice tarmac on my way to work through these nice sweeping bends which just makes the rest of the journey worth it....
Do i want to do a bike to preston to see a charity bike ride or not. Or go tomorrow and bike a bit further..
Bathwiggle
Do i want to do a bike to preston to see a charity bike ride or not. Or go tomorrow and bike a bit further..

do both! :p:

on another note; my new, shiny, pink licence has arrived!
Boristhethird
do both! :p:

on another note; my new, shiny, pink licence has arrived!

I'm tempted, my firend sthe only girl with 10 men and is struggling being the minority, if i go, i'll probably do another 100 miles on then head back. So 600 miles probably in total. Would be a nice play though.

WOOO to your license. I've decided not to get a car and so either spend them money on the daytona or a flat.
Bathwiggle
I'm tempted, my firend sthe only girl with 10 men and is struggling being the minority, if i go, i'll probably do another 100 miles on then head back. So 600 miles probably in total. Would be a nice play though.

WOOO to your license. I've decided not to get a car and so either spend them money on the daytona or a flat.

yeah! go for it!
and spend the money on the more sensible one, the daytona!:biggrin:
aaaaaand the bikes broken, again.

Cba to get it fixed tbh.
Loz17
aaaaaand the bikes broken, again.

Cba to get it fixed tbh.

:jumphug:

Emotes always help....

You has the worst luck with that stupid bike....
Bathwiggle

You already know my take on it, I personally am going to get a cheaper and older gsxr myself v.v but I will save about 4-5k in the process since the daytona is so expensive. Will give me alot more money to spend while I'm in england
I got my old MZ301 back on the road at last. It seems so small compared to the 660. Half a mile from home, everything failed - lights, horn, indicators. A big thanks to the biker who watched me pushing the bike up the hill. Back home, I looked at the battery (new) and fuses. Looks like the fuses might be the original 1993 ones. Time to replace them I think.
sucks man, fuses are cheap though :smile:
That seems pretty conclusive. Swapped the fuses around and now bike works fine except for the indicators. I'll replace them all. I'd forgotten how much fun the 301 was. Think I'll try to get it to 100k on the clock.

Latest

Trending

Trending