The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I may even make a series of them entitled: People you'd never expect to see on a motorbike. The Tate Modern will be clambering all over me to exhibit the artwork. :biggrin:

Hehe who else shall we have?
Reply 121
black_mamba
I may even make a series of them entitled: People you'd never expect to see on a motorbike. The Tate Modern will be clambering all over me to exhibit the artwork. :biggrin:

Rik waller, uri geller, jacques chirak, christano ronaldo, to name a couple :biggrin:
Reply 122
A.ndrew
True, that front fork is a work of art, great design, beats them stupid bomber's that are way to bouncy, even when adjusted :frown:

1400, wow, worth it though if you love your bikes :smile:

That is one nice road bike, i can only imagine how fast that can hurtle along :love:

I don't really know much about the road bikes like in Le Tour De France, more into my Giant trial bikes and DMR's and Mission etc... ID love to get back on my bike, but no one else will join me, they have all moved onto cars and motorbikes. I miss jumping off of walls and all that.

Wouldn't mind a bike like that you just posted up, nit sure how comfy they are though?

I haven't ridden one of the current generation of leftys, but they used to be such a nice fork to ride - I hate the forks that propel you back up after use...really takes the power out of your strokes.

The road bike is really fast - obviously having only the one gear makes it a nightmare going uphill though - Its my first road-style bike, and it is pretty comfortable - you need to build up your arms though as they take more of your bodyweight.

I used to do a little messing about like that - never got into trials though...not really my sorta thing - I like speed and competitveness (shoulder charging and the like...)
bikerx23
I haven't ridden one of the current generation of leftys, but they used to be such a nice fork to ride - I hate the forks that propel you back up after use...really takes the power out of your strokes.

The road bike is really fast - obviously having only the one gear makes it a nightmare going uphill though - Its my first road-style bike, and it is pretty comfortable - you need to build up your arms though as they take more of your bodyweight.

I used to do a little messing about like that - never got into trials though...not really my sorta thing - I like speed and competitveness (shoulder charging and the like...)

Yeh, them kind of suspension forks are crap, not worth the money. I can only imagine how hard it is getting up a hill on that racer of yours, but i suppose that adds to the exercise you get from riding :smile:

I really got into trials riding as a small hobbie with a few mates, never really got amazing at it, as we were always being hassled by the police,who always told us to sod off. Only really had a few places to go, like skate parks, which are **** for trials. Rode London once, along the southbank on my bmx, some of the guys there made me look shyte.

Speed and Competitveness is a good thing to like, i respect people like that, who would rather ride to where they are wanting to go, instead of driving. :smile:
Got a pic of the New Honda Cb 1000 at goodwood, not a very good pic, as i took it with my Phone, which is shyte really.

But thought id post it. Looked Nice.

Got a few superbikes roaring up and down the track on my video camera, amazing stuff :smile:
A.ndrew
I really got into trials riding as a small hobbie with a few mates, never really got amazing at it, as we were always being hassled by the police,who always told us to sod off. Only really had a few places to go, like skate parks, which are **** for trials. Rode London once, along the southbank on my bmx, some of the guys there made me look shyte.

Oh god you probably know my boyfriend then, assuming the trials community is quite small, he is always bouncing around by South Bank or around London. :eek: God I can't even wheelie on a motorbike let alone a bicycle, so anyone that can do even basic trials stuffs, in my eyes, is super skilled. :smile:

Oi stop teasing us with that photo. :p:
black_mamba
Oh god you probably know my boyfriend then, assuming the trials community is quite small, he is always bouncing around by South Bank or around London. :eek: God I can't even wheelie on a motorbike let alone a bicycle, so anyone that can do even basic trials stuffs, in my eyes, is super skilled. :smile:

Oi stop teasing us with that photo. :p:

Its a possibility, ive 'Trialed' with a few people from the South Bank area back in the old days, was a small community back then.

Wheelie-ing a bike is a tad skillful, pulling the front wheel up is easy as pie, keeping it up and balanced at a high or low speed, while pedaling, and looking out for people, wheeling down a narrow wall is fun, especially falling off. :biggrin:

SOrry for teasing with that photo, i won't say i sat on it then..... :p:
Aww thats ok, I have a few pics of meself sat on dream motorbikes at shows. Whenever I'm feeling down, I just look at them and pretend I own the bike. :biggrin: Imagination is a very useful thing...
black_mamba
Aww thats ok, I have a few pics of meself sat on dream motorbikes at shows. Whenever I'm feeling down, I just look at them and pretend I own the bike. :biggrin: Imagination is a very useful thing...

True, Looking at photos taken at shows of fast bikes and fast cars often sends the mind into a nice speed induced Day dream :biggrin:

Took a pic of this amazing piece of machinery too, not exactly 1100cc fire breathing stuff, but still a nice thing to be seen on :biggrin:
black_mamba

Anne Robinson, although she looks like an Aging biker chick, i could never see her on a motorbike. Or Billie Piper... :rofl:
I'm looking at this to start with:

Then I'll either go to this:

Or, more likely, this:

NDGAARONDI
I'm looking at this to start with:

Then I'll either go to this:

Or, more likely, this:

Excellent choices, even the Aprillia bike :smile: looks quite nice, and that won't break the bank either.

Second bike, nice gold wing, comfortable and easy to move around, not as heavy as they look. And the Lotus Elan :love: such a nice car.. :smile:
A.ndrew
Excellent choices, even the Aprillia bike :smile: looks quite nice, and that won't break the bank either.

Second bike, nice gold wing, comfortable and easy to move around, not as heavy as they look. And the Lotus Elan :love: such a nice car.. :smile:

The Aprillia RS 50 is a reliable model and costs about a £1,000 or so (I use Autotrader) and around £100 to insure for new drivers. The Honda Goldwing is much more expensive and I worked out I could, perhaps ironically, be financially better off with a Lotus Elan. :rolleyes:

In the end I'd probably have both the motorbike and the Lotus if I earnt enough when I'm older.:biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
The Aprillia RS 50 is a reliable model and costs about a £1,000 or so (I use Autotrader) and around £100 to insure for new drivers. The Honda Goldwing is much more expensive and I worked out I could, perhaps ironically, be financially better off with a Lotus Elan. :rolleyes:

In the end I'd probably have both the motorbike and the Lotus if I earnt enough when I'm older.:biggrin:

Quite a cheapy little option the RS50, to start out on, don't really wanna spend shed loads on a first bike. True, them goldwings don't come cheap, also to put fuel in the damn thing and service them, not cheap :frown:

Probably right on the Lotus Elan being cheaper then the Goldwing, can pick up one of them Cars up for little amounts now-a-days.

If only we all earnt enough to be able to afford a nice car and a nice bike, would be a great thing :biggrin: One day maybe.. Until then, im happy with my day dreams :smile:
A.ndrew
Quite a cheapy little option the RS50, to start out on, don't really wanna spend shed loads on a first bike.

Although it's not the fastest bike around I think it's ideal for a first motor and you can carry over any no claims discount with this scooter to a car on some insurers - I know Tesco do. So by having a slower scooter you're more likely to have less NCD etc. Then a few years down the line I can get around 40% off and a Lotus could be waiting for me (as long as it isn't an Esprit).
NDGAARONDI
Although it's not the fastest bike around I think it's ideal for a first motor and you can carry over any no claims discount with this scooter to a car on some insurers - I know Tesco do. So by having a slower scooter you're more likely to have less NCD etc. Then a few years down the line I can get around 40% off and a Lotus could be waiting for me (as long as it isn't an Esprit).

Fast don't really matter on a forst bike, thats quite a good idea, build up the no claims on the bike, the insurance will be cheap as chips more or less, and as you said, the insurance will be quite alot lower in future years, ready for that Lotus :smile:

What a great idea! :smile:

:love: (squint a bit!)
black_mamba

:rofl:

Disturbing.... :p:
Reply 138
black_mamba

AHHHHH!
I don't know whats worse, the paint work on the bike, or Anne's Head on that relatively nice body... :p:

Like the Phat wheel on the back, real hardcore Shiz... :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending