The Student Room Group

uni watches attendance but no registers in some lectures

Our tutors amongst other people have said that the uni watches attendance and uses it to help decide if people who marginally failed can resit or get kicked out. Now, I don't intend on failing, but ... in half my lectures, there isn't a register. I'm assuming it's because there's ~200 people, so it wouldn't get round to everyone. At the start of the year I was worried that the uni was thinking I bunked those lectures, but no one I have talked to has said they've seen a register in 2/6 of my modules, possibly a 3rd as well, as like I said, theres about 200 in them, but only 50 in 2 of my others and 20 in the 6th, so theres always a register. Is anyone else in this situation ?
Yeah registers are generally quite sporadic, but I suppose if you don't know when there is going to be one, you can't safely skip anything without risking missing a register so they don't need to be at every lecture. If you are going to all your classes you have nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by tibbles209
Yeah registers are generally quite sporadic, but I suppose if you don't know when there is going to be one, you can't safely skip anything without risking missing a register so they don't need to be at every lecture. If you are going to all your classes you have nothing to worry about.
in 3 of my topic lectures there's always a register, in the other 3, there's never a register though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending