Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Our tutors amongst other people have said that the uni watches attendance and uses it to help decide if people who marginally failed can resit or get kicked out. Now, I don't intend on failing, but ... in half my lectures, there isn't a register. I'm assuming it's because there's ~200 people, so it wouldn't get round to everyone. At the start of the year I was worried that the uni was thinking I bunked those lectures, but no one I have talked to has said they've seen a register in 2/6 of my modules, possibly a 3rd as well, as like I said, theres about 200 in them, but only 50 in 2 of my others and 20 in the 6th, so theres always a register. Is anyone else in this situation ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah registers are generally quite sporadic, but I suppose if you don't know when there is going to be one, you can't safely skip anything without risking missing a register so they don't need to be at every lecture. If you are going to all your classes you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tibbles209)
    Yeah registers are generally quite sporadic, but I suppose if you don't know when there is going to be one, you can't safely skip anything without risking missing a register so they don't need to be at every lecture. If you are going to all your classes you have nothing to worry about.
    in 3 of my topic lectures there's always a register, in the other 3, there's never a register though.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.