The Student Room Group

timeline of your relationship

Just curious because i started going out with my boyfriend yesterday.
How long had you known eachother before?
When was your first kiss? etc
How long have you been together for?
Any other firsts?

thanksssss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
With my First relationship (now ex), we kissed on a night out on the first day we met. We knew each other for 5 days before we started officialy going out. We lasted 33 months. We first had sex about 2 weeks in.

Im currently dating someone. We talked for 2 weeks online before meeting. On the first meeting we kissed. We've been dating for a month and things are going well. (This time going alot slower as you can see, and probably having more fun / Actually getting to know the person alot more).
Reply 2
last relationship- met in january 2011, started a proper relationship may 2011
first kiss was on our second date, slept together after a month or something
we lasted about 2 and a half years
We got together about 5 weeks after we first met, waited an embarrassingly long 3 weeks after that to kiss because I was so shy, started doing other stuff about 3-4 weeks after that, and then a 5-month wait before our first time.
Been together a year and a fortnight, I couldn't be happier. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Met in February 2011. Started going out at the start of May. First kiss, middle of May. First sexual thing, end of June. Sex in the beginning of August. Went on holiday together (including his mum) in July 2012. Him and his mum spent Christmas 2012 round ours. Started a long distance relationship September 2013. Still together, December 2013. ...... hopefully this thread makes you realise that every relationship is different and you can't plan for these kinds of 'events' to happen. Just do whatever you both feel ready/confident in doing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Abut a month, kissed first date (walking around town), sex around a month later, 5years.
Met 1st June 2001
First kiss 13th July 2001
Started dating 14th July 2001
First had sex August 2001
Got engaged 19th October 2001
Moved in together 16th December 2002
First trip abroad together August 2003
Got married 2nd April 2005
Baby number 1 born 25th September 2005
Baby number 2 born 14th August 2007
Baby number 3 born 24th September 2009
Baby number 4 born 10th July 2013
Reply 7

27 Jan - met each other
3 Feb - swapped contact details
(exchanged emails)
25 Feb - 1st date
24 March - 4th date, first kiss
2 April - first proper snogging session :biggrin:
8 April - first time we attempted to sleep in the same room (both much too tense to actually sleep!)
21 April - met his family (he had met mine at same time as he met me)
10 Sept - first sex
9 Oct - first time we said we loved each other
December - first holiday together

Obviously a lot more has happened since, but I don't have all night so I'll leave it at the end of the first year
1. Met in January 2012.
2. Made out the next evening, the entire evening. Didn't see each other for 2 weeks.
3. Had sex in February, the next time we saw each other. Carried on being **** buddies from that moment.
4. March 23rd, mid-sex, he told me he was in love with me. We finished up the deed and I said it back. We agreed that we should probably be in a relationship instead of f*ck buddies.
5. One week later, met his family - I was headed to where they lived to travel since I'm from out of country, and they let me stay with them for a week.
6. Moved in together out of convenience in May.
7. He met my family in mid July when they came to England to travel.
8. Went on holiday together in mid August.
9. End of August, I moved back to Canada and we started horrendously long distance.

We've visited each other a few times since then, and are planning on moving in together permanently in October 2014 and intend on getting married a year or two after that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Met at the beginning of October 2011.
Went on first date a week and a half later, after spending the time in between getting to know each other non-romantically - it was pretty obvious to us and everyone else that there was potential for us to be much more than friends though. Had first kiss that night, and although we didn't say we were in a relationship for a few weeks after that, we now class that date as our anniversary because it marks when we became more than just friends.
First ended up spending the night together (but just sleeping!) in November 2012, by accident, when we just ended up falling asleep while cuddling fully dressed on his bed.
Spent a month apart over Christmas, and then first started going a bit further than kissing (but not sex) in January 2012.
Realised I loved him in February 2012, but he said "I love you" first when I asked him if he thought it was love or not.
First had sex in March 2012.
Went on first holiday together, to Disneyland Paris, in September 2013 (obviously a lot happened in between March 2012 and then though, but it'd take forever to list all of it :tongue:).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Met 1st June 2001
First kiss 13th July 2001
Started dating 14th July 2001
First had sex August 2001
Got engaged 19th October 2001
Moved in together 16th December 2002
First trip abroad together August 2003
Got married 2nd April 2005
Baby number 1 born 25th September 2005
Baby number 2 born 14th August 2007
Baby number 3 born 24th September 2009
Baby number 4 born 10th July 2013

Wow that's a lot of babies!!!!!!! :biggrin:
How old were you when you met? And did people think you were crazy for getting engaged so soon?
I had my first kiss with my now ex girlfriend (she was my first, we only broke up recently) on our first date. I met her as she worked on the student newspaper, and I was interested in writing some articles; so I had coffee with her as an excuse, and she asked me if I was going to take her out on a proper date. So yeah it was sweet, relationships are nice, but be prepared for the heartache that you could endure if the relationship ends. I sense that you are quite young? Because you said you started to go out with your boyfriend yesterday, have you been on any dates or taken time to get to know each other or was it one of those 'will you go out with me' things?
Reply 12
Met my current boyfriend in early September.
Kissed about a week later on our second date.
Became 'official' about a month later.
Had sex about two weeks later, both of our first times.
Late November - said I love you

It has moved really ridiculously fast, but I've been with people for eight months + before and never even considered having sex/telling them I love them. I didn't even know them that well at the end of it.
To be honest, when you know you know.
How long had you known each other before?
8-9 years (online)

When was your first kiss? etc
October. We met up with a group of mutual friends in July, she took a liking to me, I can't deny that I felt the same way, 3 months later when we met again we were in bed together.

How long have you been together for?
Officially? Since the week after this kiss. Unofficially, probably a week or two before we met for the second time.

Any other firsts?
As far as I'm aware it's her first LDR, and it's my first LDR in that we meet up nigh on every week (any other LDRs of mine have been purely online and although there were obvious connections, I'd struggle to call them "real relationships" due to the lack of any physical meetings).
Original post by Katie_p
Wow that's a lot of babies!!!!!!! :biggrin:
How old were you when you met? And did people think you were crazy for getting engaged so soon?

haha yeah one more baby than we had intended lol. That's quite enough now!

I was 17 and he was 24 when we met. And yep people thought we were absolutely nuts and that it wouldn't last lol.
Reply 15
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
haha yeah one more baby than we had intended lol. That's quite enough now!

I was 17 and he was 24 when we met. And yep people thought we were absolutely nuts and that it wouldn't last lol.

Awww that's great that it's worked out :smile: I like hearing about "young love" that lasts :smile:
Met in April 2005
Became couple May 2005
First kiss May sometime
Had sex June 2005
2006 nothing
2007 nothing (still in school)
2008 nothing haha
2009 got engaged
2010 I moved in with him
2011 nothing
2012 first holiday!!
2013 nothing....yet.
Reply 17
Met approx 13 months before we slept together. Became a couple maybe another month on.
Now an ex - got to know him for a year, then we then decided to meet, we kissed on the first date, I didn't sleep with him, but we lasted 2 years and a bit.
Reply 19
First met June 2012
Asked her out for coffee 5th October 2013
First date 15th October 2013
First kiss 26th October 2013
Became a couple 11th November 2013
Met her family 19th November 2013
She met my family 3rd December 2013
To be continued
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest