The Student Room Group

GCSE Sociology: Can't exceed a C!!!

This is really making me panic, I want to leave school with lots of A*'s and A's and minimal B's and C's. I can't seem to pass a grade C in Sociology - maybe my teacher is marking harshly but I'm really scared. I don't understand how to get the marks. I don't like remembering sh*t loads of dates, terms and names - is this really vital for an A*/A grade? I imagine it is..if so how do I remember these?! And the concepts?! Just in general if you have done well or currently doing well in this subject please share your revision techniques or essay structures with me.

I'm doing AQA by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
You're gonna have to remember this stuff, a levels get a lot harder if you plan on doing them. I remember things by putting it in chronological order, and just giving it some context, just so it all makes sense, rather than isolating each thing and having to remember it on its own, link it all up. Also, make flash cards - the making process is great revision and once you have made them, test yourself every day or so, and maybe mix it up when you feel more confident.
Reply 2
I got an A* at GCSE AQA sociology. At first i was really struggling and I really thought that I wouldn't exceed a grade C. What worked for me was flash cards. I practically made flash cards on all of the key concepts, sociologists and anything else that was important. I then did loads of 12 mark questions.

Good luck. Don't give up, you can do it!.
(p.s if you need help on anything related to this course, just ask).
Original post by Julietruly
I got an A* at GCSE AQA sociology. At first i was really struggling and I really thought that I wouldn't exceed a grade C. What worked for me was flash cards. I practically made flash cards on all of the key concepts, sociologists and anything else that was important. I then did loads of 12 mark questions.

Good luck. Don't give up, you can do it!.
(p.s if you need help on anything related to this course, just ask).

Hi, still dont know if you use this but do u still have ur revision notes? or somethng near abouts in any topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending