The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni of Sheffield - Journalism Studies 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by settleforadraw
Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this site so I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so I hope this is right haha. I also have an offer to study Journalism with AAB requirements and just wanted to see what other potential students are talking about.

I went to an open day last September and more recently yesterday, which just ended up making me even more excited to study here! How are you feeling about Sheffield - are you still all intent on going there?

How come its AAB? the maximum offer is of ABB! I'm rather excited, (if I get the grades) and yes - always have and always will be destined to go!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hi I've got my offer of ABB too with my predicted grades being ABB.
I've firmed it and don't really want to go anywhere else. I'm hoping that if I get BBB (which I think I will) they'll still accept me as I've got my heart set on it.

I've also applied for encliffe en suite! Fingers crossed!!
Original post by rebeccakj
Hi I've got my offer of ABB too with my predicted grades being ABB.
I've firmed it and don't really want to go anywhere else. I'm hoping that if I get BBB (which I think I will) they'll still accept me as I've got my heart set on it.

I've also applied for encliffe en suite! Fingers crossed!!

hey :smile:
You've done the exact same as me so i'll hopefully bump into you! did u apply for catered or self catered?
I've just finished my first year of Journalism studies, if anyone has any questions about the course or the Uni, or anything. Send me a message i'd be happy to try and answer them:smile:
Hi!
So happy u posted here, been hoping someone who has done first year would post

I have quite a lot of questions

1. Do you mind sending me a copy of the first term/first year reading list?

2. Did you make more friends on the course or in halls?

3. What was the workload like and how many contact hours a week did you have?

4. What did you make of the exams?

5. What were the lectures like?

6. What were the practical lessons like?

7. I contacted them and they said there were about 85 students on the course- how many were in your class and was there a lot or is it more small, intimate classes?

8. Might sound weird but generally asking out of curiosity, what was the make up of boys:girls?

I think that's all I have to ask now, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConnorMcD
Likewise 5th March.

Also have any of you purchased the Shorthand book they suggested on the open day? I got it for Christmas, haven't had a chance to start yet due to A level work

What was the shorthand book they advised?? I had it written down somewhere and can't find it at all
Original post by FagansFinds
What was the shorthand book they advised?? I had it written down somewhere and can't find it at all

Teeline gold standard for journalists is the one you will need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending