The Student Room Group

Does Insanity Workout work?

It sounds like one of those too good to be true...but there are lots of good reviews about it, so i'm not sure.

Give your opinion on it and any alternatives?
Reply 1
I did it and ended up at sub 10% body fat with a decent six pack. The 5-6 day per week hour long sessions are sometimes nightmarish to stick to, however.
Reply 2
My friend was on it, I'll have to try find a before/after pic. It worked pretty well, he was beyond a health freak though...:wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Caedus
I did it and ended up at sub 10% body fat with a decent six pack. The 5-6 day per week hour long sessions are sometimes nightmarish to stick to, however.

Original post by PG593
My friend was on it, I'll have to try find a before/after pic. It worked pretty well, he was beyond a health freak though...:wink:

Dammmn so it does work then, without going to the gym?!
Reply 4
It works - may take a different amount of time for each person to achieve the body they want but it definitely works.
P90X is good too :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Summaiya123
It works - may take a different amount of time for each person to achieve the body they want but it definitely works.
P90X is good too :biggrin:

I just think that, how do they get those huge muscles without lifting weights :lol:
Reply 6
but gym or sport is almost always better, if you can make it
Original post by Blueray2

It sounds like one of those too good to be true...but there are lots of good reviews about it, so i'm not sure.

Give your opinion on it and any alternatives?

I know two guys who are doing it my halls and seems to work for them, so long as you stick to both the exercises and diet.
Reply 8
Original post by Rainingshame
I know two guys who are doing it my halls and seems to work for them, so long as you stick to both the exercises and diet.

Diet? Whats the diet?
Can someone tell me exactly what it is, what it involves and how you go on about it?

Are dumbells enough?
I just think that, how do they get those huge muscles without lifting weights :lol:

Whether the program works or not depends on your goals. If you want to lose fat, as long as you stick to the right diet along with it, it will definitely work. But if you're looking to build muscle? Hell ****ing no. Anyone serious about building muscle knows that cardio should be limited because it burns too many calories and you need a good amount of calories to build muscle - Insanity is heavily cardio based. Not only that, you need to lift heavy weights to build muscle, which Insanity includes none of. To be fair, I don't think the program has much of an emphasis on muscle building. The dude says you'll get ripped, which is true, since getting ripped basically means cutting down to low amounts of bodyfat in order to reveal abs and any muscle definition you may have. Skinny-ripped ain't a good look though :wink:

Ahaha true, I'm not after huge muscles so I'm fine :biggrin:
I'd try insanity out first
Reply 12
Original post by WoodyMKC
Whether the program works or not depends on your goals. If you want to lose fat, as long as you stick to the right diet along with it, it will definitely work. But if you're looking to build muscle? Hell ****ing no. Anyone serious about building muscle knows that cardio should be limited because it burns too many calories and you need a good amount of calories to build muscle - Insanity is heavily cardio based. Not only that, you need to lift heavy weights to build muscle, which Insanity includes none of. To be fair, I don't think the program has much of an emphasis on muscle building. The dude says you'll get ripped, which is true, since getting ripped basically means cutting down to low amounts of bodyfat in order to reveal abs and any muscle definition you may have. Skinny-ripped ain't a good look though :wink:

Original post by Summaiya123
Ahaha true, I'm not after huge muscles so I'm fine :biggrin:
I'd try insanity out first

He looks ripped though and so does his other member :tongue:
He looks ripped though and so does his other member :tongue:

Yeah... he didn't get big with that program, that's a fact.
Diet? Whats the diet?

They stick to a certain number of calories....
Reply 15
Dammmn so it does work then, without going to the gym?!

I do a number of different workouts in addition to Insanity in order to achieve nice arms - I have sets of dumbells, an Olympic barbell and a hammer curl bar in my garage which enables me to do a multitude of arm workouts, I also have a chin-up bar which I use often.

The Insanity workout is brilliant but I don't think it would be sufficient to make solid upper body gains without being used in conjunction with weights.

Quick Reply

Latest