The Student Room Group

do girls understand why guys like cars, machines and all those stereotypical things?

psychologically, do you understand why guys like guy things?

Does your brain shut off and think, yep he's weird for liking those things. I reckon girls don't understand why men like those guy things.

I know not all dudes do aeroplane spotting and the like, but it is a stereotype right. And most guys do like those technological interests.
and some manly women like those interests too. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Some girls do like that sort of thing too... :tongue:

I guess they must somehow understand that machinery and how it works can be interesting, even if they do not find it stimulating themselves
anyone cant wait for fast and furious 7? (a girl btw)
tbh I can get cars and machines (I think...pride of having built something/admiration for someone who has?) but really don't get the obsession with football. Such a bunch of wimps! I know they train hard but they're forever faking injury on the pitch. Especially doesn't make sense when there are other sports out there that we as a country are much better at :/
I take it you're a guy so could you please explain on behalf of your sex? :smile:
I drive telehandler digger trucks occassionally. I love machines, would love a go on a 360 haha. I am not manly. I'd say most girls that find those things interesting aren't 'manly' either.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
I can understand cars, I'm female and love a nice car. But I'll never get football *yawn*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't it just the same as why girls like dolls and cute things? It's the mothering instinct, whereas with boys, it's the ... er, "hands on" sort of instinct :hmmmm2:

Although, I was obsessed with train sets when I was little. My cousin had a Thomas the Tank Engine one that I secretly drooled over (not literally).
Reply 7
Original post by Jam198
psychologically, do you understand why guys like guy things?

Does your brain shut off and think, yep he's weird for liking those things. I reckon girls don't understand why men like those guy things.

I know not all dudes do aeroplane spotting and the like, but it is a stereotype right. And most guys do like those technological interests.
and some manly women like those interests too. :biggrin:

I Dont think there are many female trainspotters lol
I don't enjoy driving (because there's always someone nagging me about changing gears), and the outside of cars is kind of tedious unless they're old cars, I love old cars. But the inside of cars is interesting. No, I'm more into MRI machines and NMR machines. And the Large Hadron Collider :love: I always used to want a remote control car and nobody ever got me one. But anyway, girls can like that sort of thing the same way boys can be paternal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending