The Student Room Group

I've been given too many hours at work

Hi, so new job and I have 1 more training day on the 7th Jan, but the rota women has put me on before to work. Also I asked preferably for a Sat instead of Sun but they've given me 4 hours 11 to 3 on Sunday and 3 other shifts in the week when I only wanted 2/3 a week. I'll be getting lots of money but I have mock exams end of Jan and I'm in my last year of school, 13 so this determines getting in for Uni! Shall I email her saying this all or just that I havn't finished training for now and tell her later, I don't know help! xxx
If these are contracted, and not simply extra Xmas hours, then there will be little you can do. Where is this job? I'd be chuffed with 3 weekday shifts & a Sunday.
Reply 2
Original post by Kilroy8
If these are contracted, and not simply extra Xmas hours, then there will be little you can do. Where is this job? I'd be chuffed with 3 weekday shifts & a Sunday.

I don't think they're contracted as she said she might change them around and initially said I'll have to do 2/3 shifts! It's at a tutor centre for children but as I also have school and will start driving! X
Tell her what hours you can do, and are willing to do. You should dedicate a few days to school, tell your manager these are 100% can't do. But it really depends on your contract.
Reply 4
Thanks, I'll ask her I havent finished training yet and to decrease some hours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending